LED tvs

spectra

Ok who has read any info on them(whistle) Saw one today at Best Buy(drooler) My wife even stopped and starred at it for a while(rock2) Was there a few weeks ago and they had a smokin deal on a Samsung I have been after but as usual when I went in today no longer thereDOH! So the LEDs are looking really nice so any info people have throw it on out there.

Thanks(rock2)

I also saw a Sumsung(I think) at Best Buy, and was very impressed. The blacks are amazing because unlike LCDs which use a back light, each diode can just turn off when showing black. You can't get much darker than that.

And OLED's will be cool, but they aren't a viable option right now, unless you want to spend $2,000 on a 10" monitor.

I personally have a 42" Panasonic Plasma TV that I bought 3 1/2 years ago and love it. I decided last summer to pick up a 46' Samsung LCD and it quickly became my favorite of the two. The plasma looks awesome on HD channels and playing DVD's, but regular TV looks horrible. My LCD plays all means of TV awesome! According to Consumer Reports, Samsung is the leader in LCD TV's in the 40"-52+" range (smaller than that is a waste of money IMO). If you are interested I could scan the CR testing results and post them so you can check it out (but wouldn't be able to do it until tomorrow). Let me know.

Yeah am stuck on a 46 inch Samsung 6 series thast I saw. Like I said 2 weeks ago found one at the Best Buy for 1499 and should have bought it. Went back yesterday and it was a open box for that price nowDOH! Well off to video only to see what they have.