flow for torch

jason7504

how far apart should i put them?

How long are the sweeper tentacles on the torch? I have seen torch sweepers about 6" long, and FS sweepers about 3-4" long. So that means that I would keep them about 6" apart. Also I would watch the current to make sure that the torch does not blow towards the FS, but have the FS blow towards the torch.

dsoz

My yellow tip torch has 6 heads and I have to keep it 6 inches from everything but gsp. Also, I keep it in the sand bed. They do fine higher up but are really a moderate light euphyllia coral. I keep it closer to the green star polyp to inhibit growth.

If you keep it tucked under a rock in the sand bed, then that would give it a bit lower flow and protect other corals.

How long are the sweeper tentacles on the torch? I have seen torch sweepers about 6" long, and FS sweepers about 3-4" long. So that means that I would keep them about 6" apart. Also I would watch the current to make sure that the torch does not blow towards the FS, but have the FS blow towards the torch.

dsoz

well i dont know how long they are..but just incase i will keep it about 6" away from anything else..well the torch will blow in the FS direction because the flow in my tank flows from right to left and my FS is on the left side but if it blows in the same direction as my FS but its atleast 6" away can it still sting it?

• 2 weeks later...

ok so it doesn't look like the tentacles are moving too much?

also sometimes the tentacles in a head will shrink down and then they expand back out after a bit..is this normal torch behavior? i haven't noticed it in my FS

yeah its an awesome torch..the pic doesn't do it justice..its tentacles and tips are neon green and really glows :)..got it from TEC