Help identifying my eel

catholicteacher

IMHO, definately not G. mordax. G. mordax is a subtropical species that does fairly poorly in captivity. The main food for this species in the wild is crustaceans, and I believe that Mike said he doesn't bother his shrimp (correct me Mike if I am wrong). And while this species has been found in the Galapagos Islands it is my understanding it isn't possible to collect fish for export there.

G. nudivomer have a much shorter blunter head then this specimen (look at the reflection). That is what I used to rule out G nudivomer.

I hope I'm not being rude or insensitive. This is simply my opinion, supported by the evidence that I have and could find, and it is very possible I am wrong.

Hey catholicteacher, I think you're the one I was talking to in Home Depot about the eggcrate. You told me about this site. Are you that person? If so, your description of the eel sounded very similar to my eel. Here's a pic of mine. Does yours look like this?

Brazilianspottedyellowwebbananaeel.jpg