Octopus Skimmers

R-3

Im thinking about buying one of the Octopus Skimmers. The ones that come from China that Coralvue and Pacific Coast sell. Ive heard rave reviews about them. I dont think anyone here is running one but I just thought I would ask if anyone has had any experience with one. Or even if you have read about them. Thanks Ryan

• Like 1

I think Joel has them at Waves. I've read the same rave reviews but haven't seen anything with my own eyes.

Having seen what kind of performance I can get out of my crappy Red Sea Berlin with a NW pump, I'm thinking that more of the magic is in the needlewheel than in the skimmer itself.

I am currently using one...I got mine from Pacific coast.. We also use them on all of our tanks at the shop! They are very good! I have absolutley no complaints whatsoever. I plan on upgrading to an RPS-1000 tomorrow or the next day...if I can figure out how to plumb it in right.... I trust my entire tank to that setup.

Ryan if you are thinking if using one of there recirc models i would say go for it. If you want to try one of there euro knock offs you will be bummed. I have one of the euro knock offs on my frag tank and its loud and skims--ok. I have seen the recircs in action with the actual octopus pump not the pci pumps and they seemed quiter and pretty efficent. I am planning on dumping my pci skimmer. To change to something else.

With my great review above anyone want to buy a Pci 200 in sump skimmer

It is really quiet. Im very very impressed so far. I feed it with a MJ600 throttled back for now. I think I might plumb it in when I move my tank to its final resting place and build a new sump within the next couple weeks. Ill keep ya guys posted. Later Ryan