What is the most helpfull thing you have learned from this site?

CA2OR

• 2 weeks later...

wow I really thought that there would be way more posts to read on this one(scratch) oh well heres my.02

well although I have learned a ton of stuff on this site(more than I could ever list off)(rock2) I would have to say that its not what is the best thing but whom. On this site I have made friends that I know if something happens like a year ago they will have my back( I feel so gangster when I say that(laugh)I cannot explain the wonderful feeling of comfort knowing thatif something goes down theres another junkie(drooler) I mean hobbiest who understands my obsession(drooler)...I mean recreational activties.Its PRICELESS to know that dsoz will always answer my pm no matter how crazy the q. and that there are people like curtis( downhillbiker) who I know that if my tank crashes again I can call him at 10pm and unless working or in BOSTON!(sad) He'll be here helping me and I would do the same.info is great but sometimes you need a spare set of hands or eyes or someone with more expirence plain and simple.

I have some great friends from R.C. but I cant call them to come help me save everything in buckets or drive to a swap meet and trade frags and shoot the reef breeze. In 6 months when I'm moving I cant ask them to come help me move my tank and set up stuff even if I buy pizza and bribe them with frags no one will be coming(sad). but I will be posting it here and hosting a frag party there wont be beer but I make a mean cheesecake and the best pazookie you've ever had. when that day comes I'll have a blast, be productive , get some frags, and be surrounded by cool people who are as addicted(maybe worse) than me. that is what a local forum is about and I'm relativly sure I'm not the only one who feels this way....its why sometimes people get alittle weird and say cruddy things:eek: its more than just a site with info on the pages.....its your insurance plan that is hands on. sorry this ended up so longDOH!

-ashley

• Like 1

you dont know what a pazookie is:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: the horror you make either a fresh cookie or brownie an right out of the oven smother it with icecream and whipcream I make mine in individual baking dishes so you get a 5 inch an deep brownie covered and smothered(drooler) its wonderful theres a resturant that makes em down here in any type of cookie or brownie, you can even get it half an half

you dont know what a pazookie is:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: the horror you make either a fresh cookie or brownie an right out of the oven smother it with icecream and whipcream I make mine in individual baking dishes so you get a 5 inch an deep brownie covered and smothered(drooler) its wonderful theres a resturant that makes em down here in any type of cookie or brownie' date=' you can even get it half an half[/quote']

The restaurant was BJ's but their food was nowhere near as good as their Pazookie's were. They ended up closing every one that I knew of around Portland. My favorite was Oatmeal raisin on half and White chocolate macadamia nut on the other piping hot... Then topped with ice cream and a little carmel over the top of it all... MMMmmmmmmmm(drooler)

t its not what is the best thing but whom.

+10000

I have met some great people here, and they have helped me a lot. That is why I pay my $20/year to the club. :)

Ashlee, I really don't think that your questions are that bad. :) I have heard a lot worse!

dsoz

i have learned everything from this site. i started the hobby in 2008 and learned everything from scratch. a lot was learned on RC, but most here...once i found the site. great site, great people.

my greatest learning curve advancements were in reef chemistry and water quality. i learned what parameters you want, how to achieve them, and how to maintain them.

I have found that using as many sources as possible and then comparing those sources to my experiences and common sense has really been my biggest help. Books, the internet, and fellow reefers can all provide alot of information but nothing really teaches a reefer like the reefer learning from their own mistakes. Eventually they will even learn that others mistakes can be used in place of them making that same mistake for themselves(whistle)

So many ways to gain knowledge of the hobby. Constant supply of mind stimulation.

Garrett