2008... I would like to have words with you.

biomekanic

So far this year, I've been laid off, have had 2 computers crash and die on me ( one for the 2nd time ), been "this is not an eviction but get out", and I fell down the stairs and may have broken something in my ankle.

( Also, I'm selling stuff cheap to get it out of my house )

On the plus side, we're moving to Wilsonville, so club functions in PDX will now be really easy to get to.

That sucks man! I know a lot of people that have had rough 08's. One of my friends drove his car into a lake and almost drowned with his son. While recovering from that his brother was the one killed in Bend by his girlfriends son with a samurai sword. Then 4 days after that their dad had heart attack that he is still recovering from. He was in a coma for a while but is doing better. Tough 08 for them too :(

Hopefully 09 will be a better year for you. Fingers crossed!!! This year as been really hard on lots of people.

One helpful tip. Since you have injured your ankle, it helps to wear warm socks, thermo if you got um. Cuz when your feet get cold OOOOOOOOOOOO how it hurts. I broke the side bone in my left foot some years back and even to this day it still gives me trouble then the weather is cold.

Well it is too bad we never were able to meet before you left Eugene, but I wish you the best of luck. You will find that what you are gong through is tough, but is not too bad.

In 2008, my mom left my dad and 5 kids at home for an alcoholic that she fell in love with. she wanted to hang out with friends at the bar, so my dad let her have her girl's night out and it became habit, then she left.

Shortly after, my dad's mom died, my grandma Jan. She was 62 and died on cancer. We were all very close to her, and it really hit home.

When driving back from my grandma's funeral my Grandpa Ron got in a car wreck and was parilized from the neck down.

WOW! Dad must be doing pretty bad.....

Dad found Karen, got married, bought a new house, got a promotion at work, had his daughter (my sister) go into the military, had his son (me) announce my engagement last week. Dad has never been Happier in his life.

Grandpa Ron found an amazing woman that he is now married to that takes care of him and has helped hiim recover to the point that he can stand, eat, dress himself, brush his teeth, brush his hair, and use the beathroom by himselft. He is getting a warm feeling back in his legs, as well as tingling and goosebumps. Grandpa Ron is really doing great for all that he has lost.

KEEP YOU HEAD UP. IF YOU ARE HONEST WITH THE WORLD THINGS WILL TURN AROUND FOR YOU.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont like years that end in 8. Ive been alive for 4 of them, they have all been bad. in '78 my parents divorced, havent really ever seen my dad since. In '88 both my grandfathers died. In '98 I had some very personal problems, but lets just say it was BAD. In '08 my wife left me.....

...well maybe Ill back on '08 as a good year sometime in the future. (whistle)