Phosphate Reactor

I have a Kent one. Both Kent and TLF are both really close. The nice thing though about the TLF is that it has a valve one it. All you need is a little powerhead. Not even 100GPH. Works great. I use Magnavore PURA Phosblock media and it works pretty good. Later Ryan

Guest Mbeef61

yeah i would recommend one...i use the 2 little fishes one...make sure you get the new version because the old one had like 12 little screws for the top and the new one is just one big screw top....huge improvement....i use phosban...it works for me really well...i have heard rowa phos is good too...if i had another one i might hook the 2 up inline and use one for carbon...they just look cool...haha later mike

Ya I use the TLF with phosban, you only need about 1/4 of the recommended dose and it should keep up, if your in doubt try testing your ph04. But they do work good and if anyhting just adds a little confidence to the system. Keep in mind the phosban is a Iron "Sponge" but is much safer than the kent sponge (aluminum) and I have had no bad results with it.

I use both brands on different systems...........i generally use them to run my carbon........i just plumba a 1/2" T off of my sump return lines to run both those and my chillers so no extra pump is necessary......and the valve isnt so important either because you have to have one to control the flow off of your return line. They are exactly the same however and the TLF one is cheaper AND with the free valve to boot.....