where are you, multiple outlet power strip...with switches!

Ron Popeil

i used to have a power strip with something like 8 outlets in it, and each one had a little red switch for turning off individual appliances. however, i have since ruined said power strip and want another....but of course, the friend i got it from is unavailable and i have no idea where he originally purchased it from.

where can i find a similar or better multiple outlet power strip, with individual switches?

thank you!

Guest Mbeef61

im a big fan of wiring them myself...i get those little outlet boxes....and then wire up outlets...you can get those outlets with one plug and a switch on top....you just daisy chain them together...and then you could add a gfi to the line if you wanted...there are only a few things you have to remember like the gauge of wire you are using...i think 14gauge for 15 amp circuit...and then you can wire it straight to the wall too...meaning it would be on top of the outlet you are using now using the wires from the wall...the thing i like about this is that its a lot safer to plug in large amp drawing things like halides and some pumps etc. using power strips can fry cuz they often times use tiny wires that will melt....and you can also spread these outlets out an inch or so so you can use those bigger plug ins like for uv sterilizers and moonlights....i hate those huge plugins

i attempted something like this in the past, but unfortunately i have no electrical skills, and ultimately, a powerstrip to me equates ease and cost effectiveness. eventually...one day...ill have a nice power center like dan is pushing on me. and it will be glorious. but until then, a measily power strip with some switches over the plugs will suffice...

If someone would like to head up this years group buy, here is all the information.

Here is the link to last years group buy on the Eliminator E -107: http://thereeftank.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50486&highlight=107

I believe the units are now up to $19.00 each. Free shipping would kick in after the order hits $199.00.

Here is a direct link to the company I ordered from last year: http://www.idjnow.com/StoreModules/ProductDetails.aspx/PID=E107

Feedback / information from last years buy: IDJNOW.com was easy to work with, they shipped quickly & the E-107's arrived quite fast. Qualifying for the free shipping would be wise, due to the fact an entire case of these are HEAVY. If I was trying to set this up again, here are are few things that would make the whole process relatively simple. Standardize the price to let's say $20.00 (for all payment methods, PayPal, Check, Cash or what ever). This would help pay for the PayPal fees or any other unforseen costs. If at the end of the group buy there was any left over funds, one could simply donate the $'s back to the club.

I hope someone is able to make this a possibility. I was going to try to head it up again, but do to more overtime than I would like, a second job and the fact that we are trying to get our new business running, I have been running low on available time.

Have a great day!

Yeah...THANKS DAD!!!!

Im actually copycatting one...but adding indicator lights for the switches. Each switch is individually fused...i dont advocate it for everybody but with the unit above everything and each socket with its own individual switch i can confidently and safely run it without gfi service. I personally do not trust gfi's for my reefs.