Rare Montipora Photos!!!!!

chorse

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now I know mine isn't rare in the definition you guys are talking about, but it is rare being that I don't like them and I just got my first one. Maybe it will start something for me. I don't know. I will post pic tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, I see tons of very nice looking pieces, they just don't do much for me. I like color splashes but I like movement too. Monti's, chalices, and so on kinda look like rock to the unaware. I can't count how many chalices and monti's I have literally given away, just here not to mention down in So Cal.

Now I know mine isn't rare in the definition you guys are talking about' date=' but it is rare being that I don't like them and I just got my first one. Maybe it will start something for me. I don't know. I will post pic tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, I see tons of very nice looking pieces, they just don't do much for me. I like color splashes but I like movement too. Monti's, chalices, and so on kinda look like rock to the unaware. I can't count how many chalices and monti's I have literally given away, just here not to mention down in So Cal.[/quote']

I know exactly what your talking about, I feel the same way about zoe's . I like colonies that cover rocks but frag plugs of them are ugly in my tank. I have quite a few different ones but just cant get excited about them.

ok this might sound crazy coming from me, but I absolutely despise frag plugs. I cannot stand how much the stick out in a tank. I like things looking like they grew there or were meant to be there. Touche TAD, you and I are like exact opposites with something in common......(scratch)

Tyree appleberry I got it from Chris the ricordia dude (laugh) Also got the pink polyp cap from him as well.

Eric i know what you are saying. Sometimes its just much more convenient to grow em out on something that places on a rack so easy. You can always chip parts of the plug away when you go to glue it on a rock. After it grows onto the larger rock it you can't even tell.