no-ick really safe with sps?

reefergreg

The member Wegotjs uses KickIck by RubyReef in his display tank with SPS. He swears by it, but he also says that it needs to be used at least 2x concentration for 2x the time on the bottle. He called the manufacturer and they said that it is OK to double both in a tank.

Can you catch all the fish and put them in a QT for treatment?

Then leave the display with no fish for 6 weeks while the ick parasite runs the life cycle and dies out.

One more reason to QT everything that goes into the tank. (I really need to start doing this myself!)

dsoz

i hate to qt but i think i will try the kickit

The member Wegotjs uses KickIck by RubyReef in his display tank with SPS. He swears by it, but he also says that it needs to be used at least 2x concentration for 2x the time on the bottle. He called the manufacturer and they said that it is OK to double both in a tank.

Can you catch all the fish and put them in a QT for treatment?

Then leave the display with no fish for 6 weeks while the ick parasite runs the life cycle and dies out.

One more reason to QT everything that goes into the tank. (I really need to start doing this myself!)

dsoz

You can go the 14 day's that it say's on the bottle but I would go 3-4 times on the strength. They said it was ok to go up to 4 times strength. Never had it hurt any coral's and would say it work's %90 of the time, if it dosen't work first cycle do it again .It get's a bit costly but work's.