My Hawaii pics!! Picture heavy!!!

impur

Either chromis or blue damsels.

So Kauai has wild chickens everywhere!! If you want to eat one, the saying goes boil some water with the chicken in it, cleaned and defeathered of course. Once the water is boiling place a rock in the pot with the chicken. Once the rock is soft, throw away the chicken and eat the rock. (laugh)

018.jpg

016.jpg

014.jpg

011.jpg

010.jpg

Now THIS is a party bus!!!!

019.jpg

Look how small the police department is. I wonder where they lock up the criminals??

020.jpg

Next we hiked up the Nounou mountain trail. We didn't get to the top, it was hot and humid and pretty steep. One spot you have to climb a sharp rock ridge about 1 ft wide and i didn't feel like carrying my wife back down.

036.jpg

030.jpg

Some pics of the view from up there

035.jpg

037.jpg

038.jpg

We made it about 3/4 the way up this

039.jpg

That day we rented a kayak and took it up the Wailua river. At the beginning of the river there is a trail to Secret Falls which feeds the river. This trip was a blast!!! Along the way you can see the spots where they filmed part of the movies Outbreak, Six days seven nights and Jurassic park.

065.jpg

075.jpg

080.jpg

082.jpg

086.jpg

I think this is the field where all 3 had at least 1 scene

091.jpg

093.jpg

094.jpg

095.jpg

099.jpg

The trees have these fluorescent yellow flowers. In the morning they are this yellow color, and by the evening they turn red

083.jpg

101.jpg

The next and final full day in Hawaii we did a zip line tour. It was AWESOME!!! There are 8 zip lines and about 3/4 of the way thru the tour they take you to a little swimming hole on the property and feed you lunch. This was SO much fun i highly suggest it to everyone

142.jpg

141.jpg

190.jpg

They start you out small

148.jpg

And build to the longest one at almost 800ft long

157.jpg

The views were incredible

165.jpg

172.jpg

170.jpg

Lunch hut

185.jpg

swimming hole

180.jpg

184.jpg

Very nice pics. Carolyn and I were in Maui in April. I was impressed with the Maui Ocean Center. We jumped over to Oahu for a day and I was over all dissapointed. We took a helicopter ride around Molokai and part of Maui and it was a perspective I was glad to have seen. We got to see the tail end of Humpback season -- which was very impressive. Glad you enjoyed yourself.