Zoa fragging...

TheGooseWhisperer

I have always used a razor and scrpaed off the Zoa with some of the rock attached' date=' and glued it to another rock or frag disk.[/quote']

That's the easiest. You can put another rock up againt the group and they will move starts onto it. A little stress will cause more groth :)

Care to expand on this? Also' date=' what are folks feeding their zoas (if anything)? I have pod's in the tank and no fish that will eat...how significant of a food source do you think this is?[/quote']

I dunno about zoas eating pods... never really heard of that. I have some yellow zoas with long "tentacles" that love to catch whatever mysis shrimp the fish don't get. Here is a shot of some of them "swallowing" after they got some mysis to feed on:

zoas01.jpg

(pacifier)

would that be the green center one you gave me a frag of? if so mines doing amazing and great growth rate id love to get you a frag off it back someday. let me know.

no, I think those were palythoas. The ones I am talking about are these from when Jay was selling some (right side of picture, green color)

attachment.php?attachmentid=2900&stc=1&d=1219853603

Someday I want to buy some more from him. :)

dsoz

I just picked up a frag of those from Jay:) they were lookin pretty scary by the time I got them home and mounted, but the next morning they had relaxed a bit already. I'm excited to see how they will be doing in a couple weeks! I split it up into 3 pieces so I'll have something to trade for a different zoa frag...I'm still missing some blue from my color pallet:p