I got a great deal on bulbs

Jay

I just bought the 250w 14k DE bulbs from them. We will see how they are. They didn't offer the 12k for 250 DE at this time, so I figured I would just go with the 14k. I also am trying out a galaxy 250w ballast to see if it makes a difference. With the stock 10k bulbs that I had before, there is no difference in the galaxy ballast and my odyssea ballasts, so we will see with the new lights.

I just bought the 250w 14k DE bulbs from them. We will see how they are. They didn't offer the 12k for 250 DE at this time' date=' so I figured I would just go with the 14k. I also am trying out a galaxy 250w ballast to see if it makes a difference. With the stock 10k bulbs that I had before, there is no difference in the galaxy ballast and my odyssea ballasts, so we will see with the new lights.[/quote']

These are the ones I bought. You will like them...I like mine.

Jay

I actually emailed him and got the 12k 250w DE bulbs. He didn't offer them, but had them. He just sent me those instead. I just got them today. One was broken, so I guess I will see how their return policy is, but the other is installed and looking great. Really making the corals "pop" it is AMAZING how much of a difference there is. They are pretty blue. I dont know what the 14k would've looked like, but I dont think I would want them any bluer than this.

Here is a pic with the 10k on the right and the new 12k from "thelightingdudes" on the left. Also some pics of the corals under the new bulbs.

bulbs002.jpg

bulbs003.jpg

bulbs005.jpg

bulbs006.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

They sent me 2 new bulbs fast, so that is great news. The free bulb was broken, again, but I think that is due to the post office. I put both bulbs in and they seem to be different colors. I am hoping that they just need time to burn in. They have been very helpful and in good communication, so if these are different colors they will end up fixing the problem, I have faith in that.

bulbs002-3.jpg

I purchased 2 400watt 20k bulbs which have been running a couple of weeks. They tend to be a bit louder (noisier) than other brands - actually humming. Also, the 20k's are brighter (whiter) than my previous Radium 20k's. Overall, they are satisfactory bulbs.

Be sure to buy shipping insurance. My bulbs arrived in a damaged box, which has been common for other folks.