Envision Cube

pantherguy30

Yeah i'm not a big fan of them either! i'm gonna run a couple actinic bulbs in there to so I built the hood to enclose everything. We'll see how long it last. Probably gonna ditch it somewhere down the road when we move. Not too worried about it now since the house market is so poor. Good time to buy but bad time to sell! I wish I could afford multiple homes. Lol

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tank is wet now(icon)Just waiting on the live rock to show up! ordered the 44 pound box from Marine Depot. I feel kinda bad not getting it from a LFS but it saved me about $100 bucks to do it this way. Bad thing is it isn't cured and will probably make a mess of my tank! Will post some pics as soon as I get the live rock into the tank. (party)

If it is not cured I would not put it in the tank. If you have a garbage can or bucket throw a skimmer in there and a heater and cure it. Alot easier to do water changes and all the stuff that will fall off of it will not go in the tank. Now if it is a bare bottom tank and nothing else in there go for it as it would be easy to clean up then.

If it is not cured I would not put it in the tank. If you have a garbage can or bucket throw a skimmer in there and a heater and cure it. Alot easier to do water changes and all the stuff that will fall off of it will not go in the tank. Now if it is a bare bottom tank and nothing else in there go for it as it would be easy to clean up then.

I second what Scott says. Definitely dont cure in tank. Just makes for too much work later on. Later Ryan

Took the tank off the stand and beefed up the top to support the weight a lot more. Just put water back in and I'll have to see if this fixed the problem. My issue was not useing waterproof glue! Yeah Smooth move on my part! All that woodworking and I had to go and ruin it with a dumb move like that. I just put L brackets all over the place to hold it all together along with laying about 6 2x3's under the top to give it more support.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so I have finished curing the rock and it's now in the tank. I have a few crabs and some snails along with a couple tank raised false percs. My water tests say it's go time to add some CORALS! If any of you have any frags they want to sell. I am now in the market!! I would post pics but the tank isn't much to look at yet. Got some small growth of coraline algea and thats about it.

• 2 weeks later...

at least you can pet your dog, and enjoy watching it ride everyones leg that walks through the door :D hahaha. I understand the whole thing that the dogs are so ugly they are cute, thats what my fiance says about her **** zu (emphasis on the first part haha).i think this is a better comparison for the lawnmower :D

xin_3611022407546712172141.jpg

hahaha