Clark County Meet and Great

defigart

I would like to thank all of you that are working very hard to put a Meet and Greet together in your own areas.

I felt that the club really needed to find a way to rally people together and to get to know one another better. When I joined the club back in February, I came up with the idea of a Meet and Greet.

I understand that monthly meeting were very hard for some, and even harder on sponsors to attend.

A Meet and Greet is nothing more then people getting together to meet people that you would not otherwise meet for whatever reason. I have been able to meet people in Salem, Albany, Corvallis and Eugene that I never would have met without trying this.

There are many places that a Meet and Greet can take place. And furthermore, you can even do a DIY project at one at someone’s home or a park. It can even be as simple as meeting at a coffee bar or restaurant, even families with kids can meet if you can find a place that has a kid’s area.

Have fun with this and be sure to post photos of your Meet and Greet in your area.

Thank you again for your support in this.

Kevin

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Sontdo,

I would like to come to one in your area, this is for you guy's to setup in your area. I will come and visit each one as I can.

You Guy's Rock, please get involved in this, it will only bring the club closer together and build a stronger networking bases.

Thank you for your interest, please save me a seat, because I will be up their one time.

Kevin

I like Sonnys McMenimens idea' date=' is there anyone wanting to attend that is under 21?[/quote']

The Greenway McMenamins in Tigard allows minors on the premises until 9:00 PM.

You might check with Sonny's to see if they have the same policy.

The Greenway McMenamins in Tigard allows minors on the premises until 9:00 PM.

You might check with Sonny's to see if they have the same policy.

I think they all do. We have one not more than a mile from my house and my son goes in there all the time with us for dinner.

Another vote here for McMenamins to just pick a day and time.

I am going to call McMenamins after lunch. Will let you know what they say. I am going to ask about Thursday the 21st, around 6:30pm or 7pm. Not to late, not to early. Not trying to alienate or prevent anyone from coming. If we have a good time and want to do it again, we can do a weekend next time.

If McMenamins doesn't work we can meet at Hooters on Jantzen Beacn, (aka Duty Free Vancouver) (laugh). Tell your wives (wife) not to worry (scary), we won't notice the waitresses (naughty) we will be talking about fish, and stuff. DOH! (nutty) (joking of course)

I am going to call McMenamins after lunch. Will let you know what they say. I am going to ask about Thursday the 21st' date=' around 6:30pm or 7pm. Not to late, not to early. Not trying to alienate or prevent anyone from coming. If we have a good time and want to do it again, we can do a weekend next time.[/quote']

Ok so here is what they said.

They don't take reservations. But if someone came in about 45 minutes ahead of when we want to meet. they will start making space for us. If no one wants to volunteer to do this, I will.

Basically all I need is to get a rough head count. Having worked in the restaraunt buisness for most of the past 20 years I can say that if we plan on 15 and 20 show, theres no problem. But if we plan on 15 and 40 show up, there may be issues.

So who's in? How many you bringing?