Is it a MSX? No its a Coralvue Octopus Extreme and its cheaper with free shippin!!

R-3

Is it a MSX? No its a Coralvue Octopus Extreme and its cheaper with free shippin!! It also comes with a soft pinwheel and a mesh mod to make your own mind up!!

I know Shawn just ordered one and thought I would get everyone a heads up. I know some LFS's carry the Octopus lines but I havent heard anything about these yet. Here ya go

http://www.reefspecialty.com/protein-skimmers-octopus-extreme-c-21_65.html

I really like these skimmers from what I have read. Shawn seems to like his and you cant beat the price :)

I havent ordered one yet Miles :)

Yeah Mike that Octo Pro with the Laguna should be pretty sweet also. Its amazing the advancement of skimmers since I came in the hobby a couple yars ago. Later Ryan

Oh, well when you decide keep us updated ;)

Companies are finally getting larger volutes on these pumps. Coupled with mesh and needlewheels this helped bring down the prices and improve performance. Just last year i was contimplating a $600 skimmer and settled on my $279 octo. Glad i did.

Pretty amazing skimmer for the price. Really the only improvements in design I could think of are:

1) going to a laguna for noise reduction and better air:water ratio.

2) going to a recirc design

3) going to a full-on cone design (ATB style)

I'm also a bit confused on why the MSX300 and the octo extreme 300 both have a 6" neck and 2 sicces. The 12" body would really be better paired with a 7.5" neck and 3 sicce pumps.

-Sol

Pretty amazing skimmer for the price. Really the only improvements in design I could think of are:

1) going to a laguna for noise reduction and better air:water ratio.

2) going to a recirc design

3) going to a full-on cone design (ATB style)

I'm also a bit confused on why the MSX300 and the octo extreme 300 both have a 6" neck and 2 sicces. The 12" body would really be better paired with a 7.5" neck and 3 sicce pumps.

-Sol

I think they kept them that way to keep them affordable :) Dont get me wrong when these take off you will see a skimmer with 3 Sicces.

Also anyone thinking about buying these shold buy them now. Once these come out after the first shipment the price will go up just like the MSX's maybe even more with the different things that come with these. Later Ryan

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so If you were on the fence about this skimmer......PRICE DROP!!!

Seems like Marine Solutions dropped there prices on the MSX's back below intro pricing so they dropped these even less and gave you free shipping still. Man better get one while the gettings good.

Cant wait for my 300 :)