• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
Yah thats a frogspawn. A nice one at that :D

I got it @ Waves. Joel said it was hammer coral. I'm thoroughly confused (scratch)

It's doing great though. Got a powerhead right behind it pointing past it and it seems to like it's spot. Cool colors. Sounds like I need to move the other corals around it so the sweepers don't sting them... which is probably why they haven't got stung, because the powerhead blows the sweepers into the glass. Lucky!

• 1 year later...

Here is a picture of the elegence coral that I once had. I watched it slowly die over a month while I did everything I could to save it. It was a birthday present from my mother and I was really upset when it started to get that white necrosis and just wither away and die!!!

attachment.php?attachmentid=2025&stc=1&d=1198004017

Yours is really nice. I sure hope yours does well. Seems like I have been seeing more of them in the LFS lately around Portland. Makes me wonder if they are all from deep water. It was my understanding that all the shallow ones had already been picked and only deep water ones were left. Thats was one theory as to why they had such poor success.

Checkout the before and after pic of this caulastrea I got a few years back. Here it is when I just got it and after I have had it. Its come a long way for sure.

Jay

attachment.php?attachmentid=2026&stc=1&d=1198004017

attachment.php?attachmentid=2027&stc=1&d=1198004017

post-199-14186773798_thumb.jpg

post-199-141867737983_thumb.jpg

post-199-141867737986_thumb.jpg

what the? WOW... old post thread... I was like... that looks kinda like my.... Oh it is... DOH.

We did CPR on your old post and revived it. Lets get more pics. Im going to start a invert thread and I expect everyone to participate!! (nono)

Jay :D

I have read you can save your Elegance if it gets the "Disease" by decreasing the amount of light it receives, and SLOWLY increasing it. But you have to notice it quickly, and act quicker.

The one I got is from Australia and supposed to be from shallower water, but we will see. I love the flourescent green colors that it shows. The Indo-Pacific ones are the ones from deeper water, and they tend to get "The Disease".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...