Strange SCWD behavior! Help?

siskiou

I noticed that my SCWD wasn't switching anymore.

After a good clean-up, it was working fine in a bucket on a pump, so I connected it back up.

No good on the tank though.

Took it off again, works fine in the bucket, checked the return hose of the side that doesn't get flow on the tank in case it's plugged up. All clear!

Connect SCWD again, same problem. No matter which way I turn it, it always gets water to the left return, nothing to the right.

I'm out of ideas...(scratch)(flame)

Hmmm how many gph are you running through it?? I had a similar problem except mine was stuck only outputting on the right. I soaked it in vinegar for 24 hrs and then rinsed well hooked it back up and it works great to this day. You can just use a T until you hook it back up. If you still can't get it to work they just came out with a new 1" version that can handle between 500 and 3500 gph, longer switching intervals, removable top for easy maintenance. I can't wait to get one of these!!

FWIW, it might be worth researching the 1" version before spending the money -- they aren't cheap, and there are already reports of a high hard-failure rate. The 30% flow reductions was reason enough to make me shelf my original.

If you need a replacement, siskiou, you can have mine for the price of shipping...

FWIW, it might be worth researching the 1" version before spending the money -- they aren't cheap, and there are already reports of a high hard-failure rate. The 30% flow reductions was reason enough to make me shelf my original.

If you need a replacement, siskiou, you can have mine for the price of shipping...

Thanks for the offer, Andy!

I think I'm fine without the SCWD, since my two pumps on a controller are providing plenty of water movement.

I'm using a T for now, and will check into this weirdness further, once I recover from today's marathon tank maintenance! :D