Cheap Flight to Germany?

siskiou

Am possibly in need of having to fly to Germany quickly.

My dad has been diagnosed with an aortic aneurysm and surgery is scheduled for Thursday.

My sister is going to be there for a week starting on Tuesday, and depending on how things go, I might need to fly over the week after to help out my mom and dad at home.

Cheapest I've found so far is around $1000.

Does anyone know of anything cheaper?

The cheaper, the better!

I'm looking at going from Portland to Duesseldorf, ideally, but Frankfurt would be acceptable, too, if it cuts the price significantly.

And if anyone wanted to send some good vibes on Thursday, I'd appreciate it!

-Susanne

Just an update:

my dad came through surgery great, and should be home in a week to 10 days.

I'm still looking for reasonable priced flights.

Will probably leave next Thursday or Friday, to help out my parents for a couple of weeks.

And I'll have to teach my husband and daughter the ins and outs of my two tanks.

Especially the ATO, since sometimes the drip line valve gets clogged by the kalk and needs some attention.

I'm glad your Dad is doing well. My mom just took a bad fall and I'm watching the airlines to see if I can get a deal on a ticket back to New England, so I can visit her. Unfortunately, with the cost of fuel skyrocketing (one particularly scary story predicted $8 a gallon before the end of the summer) and the financial problems at the airlines I'm worried that cheap airplane seats are a thing of the past (scary)

I'll cross my fingers for you, if you cross your fingers for me. (sad)

Wow glad to hear he made it thru Susanne. Thats scary stuff.

Since you are leaving last minute there are usually deals to be had. Especially if you are willing to fly at odd hours. Try the normal flight sites, travelocity, expedia, priceline etc - they all have an option to pick great deals at the last minute.

Good luck and good luck to your dad!!