impur

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my regulator looks like this:

2 valves and the tank valve.

http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idProduct=CO3111

I don't think its a big deal, your pressure is way low because your drip is really low, as you turn it up the pressure builds. I do think however that your pressures will be more stable at a faster drip because the pressure at a higher PSI will be more stable.

My effluent drip is about (best guess) 2-2.5 drips per second right now and the co2 is about 1 per 2 seconds, it hold 6.8 ph very well. But of course each cal reactor will be different.

Ok that helps me out, makes sense too DOH! . I was at 1 bubble per 7 seconds. I'll crank that up. The pH controller will turn it off if it gets low anyhow. I was just a little scared to crank it up too high. I'll leave my effluent at 1 drop per 3 seconds as it seems to do well where its at.

I'm gonna reprogram my controller to keep the reactor pH between 6.7 and 6.8, i've got it set with too wide of a range right now at 6.4-6.7.

I'm gonna run some soapy water over the connections to be sure there is no leak. Seems odd to me that the tank pressure dropped 10psi in 4 days.

nyles are you running the same DIY reactor as Miles and I?

It seems that I have to dump a lot of CO2 into the system to get the output pH where I want it, but it seems like it is working well. I am running about one buble every second to second and a half.

Ok found a tank, my dad has a half full one in rosetucky. I'm headed down in a sec.

All welding, brew, soda companies are closed sat/sun. Go figure. I called A TON.

I think the leak came from that john guest fitting where the co2 line goes in. The tubing i have is black co2 tubing and 6mm OD. I think the JG fitting is 6.35mm if i do my conversions correctly. I don't know for sure if thats where the leak came from though. I could pull the tubing right out of the fitting, not supposed to be able to do that.

nyles are you running the same DIY reactor as Miles and I?

It seems that I have to dump a lot of CO2 into the system to get the output pH where I want it, but it seems like it is working well. I am running about one buble every second to second and a half.

Knop C reactor

Ok woke up to 0 bubbles. The solenoid was open, but nothing coming out. Listened and heard a leak. There was no oring where the bubble counter screws onto the solenoid! Jeez i'm having such a hard time with this thing. Off to Jerry's.

The setups I have seen run ph probe to the cal reactor' date=' and the silenoid from the co2 reg is plugged into the controller and cuts the power to keep the ph from dropping to low. Is this how yours works?[/quote']

Yah thats how mine works.

Well looks like i might be golden (fingers)

No sign of anymore leaks, pressure holding steady in the tank as well as working pressure. Controller doing its job nicely, co2 comes on about 3 times a day for about 5 min. Effluent at about 1 drop per 2-3 seconds and levels holding steady at 9dKH and 420ppm calcium. Its only been a week and i've gone thru a ton with this thing, but it sure is nice not having to dump baking soda in every morning.

The only thing i've still got to do is replace the circulation pump. Using a quiet one 1200 and its loud as hell. But it works and i'm going to hawaii so i don't care this week!!!!! (nutty) (rock2) (nutty)