Anybody have a spare Emerald Crab? Also Looking for white pom pom xenia :)

audge27

Hi! ...Just noticed some bubble algae starting on some of my live rock...was interested in seeing if anyone in the area had an emerald crab they were looking for a home for....or could loan out :) ...rent-a-crab? I'm willing to pay $5-$10 or so...

Also looking for a small frag of white pom pom xenia...willing to pay for that too!

Thanks!

My white pom-pom is about to split into three stalks, each about an inch tall. I am going to keep two, and Ryan (R-3) has already asked for the third. But once one of the two that I have split again, we can work out a trade deal. Do you have anything interesting?

dsoz

My white pom-pom is about to split into three stalks, each about an inch tall. I am going to keep two, and Ryan (R-3) has already asked for the third. But once one of the two that I have split again, we can work out a trade deal. Do you have anything interesting?

dsoz

Hey! that sounds great! ...but I don't really have anything to trade :( unfortunately, my tanks only been up for about 5 months...and I just have some misc frags that haven't had the time to get to that point. would you consider cash?

Cash works. But I would feel guilty for taking it from you. I just gave away about 15 stalks of brown pulsing xenia to various people, about half of what was in my tank is now gone. When it does split, you are more than welcome to come and pick a piece. As long as I still have two (insurance), and R-3 gets one. Send me a PM in about a week or two. It should be split by then.

dsoz

Cash works. But I would feel guilty for taking it from you. I just gave away about 15 stalks of brown pulsing xenia to various people, about half of what was in my tank is now gone. When it does split, you are more than welcome to come and pick a piece. As long as I still have two (insurance), and R-3 gets one. Send me a PM in about a week or two. It should be split by then.

dsoz

Wow! Thanks! I will do that (dancing)

Scratch that...went ahead and bought an emerald crab from the seahorse aq supply $8...if he's a naughty crab they said i could take him back and return him. I'm just worried about getting one that will destroy my reef, because i know they are opportunistic feeders...wasn't really super excited about putting any crabs in the tank, but I also don't want it full of bubble algae. we'll see how it goes

I don't know if there is any truth to the rumor that females are more reef safe than males. You tell by flipping them over and looking at the "tail end" of the underside The females have a wide U shaped plate on the bottom, and the males have a narrow I shaped plate.

I have two female emerald crabs in my 75g. Up to now they have been "good crabs." They must be eating something, and I have had a decrease in the amount of bubble algae present. I used to have one rock that kept having bubble algae pop up all over it. It is now bare. But I have other places were I see bubble algae, and it is still there. But I also have a hair algae problem that is getting better. Maybe the emeralds are helping me win the war on hair algae. Then they can go to war on the bubble algae.

dsoz

I have 12 emerald crabs in my 65g. Never a problem with the other fish or corals.

I found the best way to deal with bubble algae is to do a water change with a small gauge hose and dislodge the algae while sucking it down the hose. The dozen crabs does help though.