Painting a Tank

aqua-ed

I have an empty tank that I plan to make not empty this summer. In the meantime, I'd like to paint the back of it so I don't have to deal with those stupid sheet ones.

Anybody have any recommendations on color? Blue seems to be popular, black sometimes, and I have heard of dark green. Anyone have pictures of something other than blue?

Most important question though: What kind of paint works best?

Decisions, decisions..

(daz)

I have a blue background, and my good friend has a black background. We have some of the same corals, and they look much better in my tank (we both agree on that). He keeps talking about scraping the black paint off and repainting blue. I think black is better if you have really bright, intense lights (MH or lotsa T5) and very bright, colorful corals, because the colors stand out a bit more. If you don't have the best and brightest, blue or another brighter color will help the visual appeal overall, while black can make things seem more drab.

My $0.02

• 3 weeks later...

Exactly. Using blue on reef tanks is a bad idea for that reason. As coraline begins to form, the purple/green spots look bad on the blue background. Just my opinion of course.... It works great for fish only tanks though, since it does show off the fish more.

A while back I tried something cool that worked great. Limo Tint. Super easy to put on' date=' and tint comes in a bunch of colors these days... Plus, you can easily remove it if you wanna change it.[/quote']

Thats what i did too. Worked out great

P1010010.jpg

P1010009.jpg

P1010011.jpg

P1010013.jpg