my work in progress

fishiefish

okay so first of all let me say this had to be the most difficult move I've ever made, all in all I lost 2 fish and one coral(sad) but it could have been way worse and I'm very happy with the turn out and I learned a bunch of tips that would have been very helpful...had I known them before I moved the tank 120 plus miles(nutty). I purchased the 90 gln tank from ken in grants pass and moved it to eugene..........very time consuming.

so everything started out really well met ken and his girlfriend, both very nice and helpful they figured out everything answered all questions and even figured out how to fit everything into a way too samll van. I wish I had a pic you guys wouldnt believe it. so it took 2 hours and twenty min to get there...and between traffic, accidents, and constuction it took4 hours to get back....:eek: once we got the stuff in it was chaos stuff was everywhere and my husbands heavy lifting buddie was about a foot taller sooooo his back was quickly fadeing it was late and everyone was hungury but who wants pizza when your hands are covered in salt? I had half a million plumbing problems for a project that should have taken 45 min tops.......which took three days to fix and we now know people by name at home depot as well as I think my husband is now a pro at plumbing. the most difficult part was when we had to tighten the bulk head(which wouldnt stop leaking) to get another piece off....well then we couldnt get the bulkhead off which we needed to replace. so we go back and get more tools......suprise suprise the space in the stand cut for the connections is too small for even the small hack saw or any of the other tools we boughtDOH! so after freaking out again I get out my trusty steak knife.....yep for about an hour I sawed off the nutt of a bulkhead...it sucked(flame)

well so makin a long story short we got it set up and my fishies are do n great and eating like crazy I got this garlic immunity booster for them and they love it(clap) .the only problems I'm having is my skimmer is making way too many bubbles, my zoo's havent opened yet so I keep moving them around and that I dont like my rock scaping I plan on next week changing it.I plan on making to mounds one on each side and having a cave in the middle right now there is a small cave by the sea anemone and my clowns are being quite territorial of it...it seems to be the popular hang out of my tank their( the clowns) always chasing the tang and wrasse out of their area but the cleaner shrimp just flicks his antenas at them and they leave him alone. well thats all for tonight well let me know what you think.

I have two mateing maroon clowns 1 scopias tang( anyone want him? he wont allow another tang and I have wanted a yellow tang for years) 1diamond golby 1 6 line wrasse 1 frogspawn and I think another but it looks slightly different 1 hammer 1 flower pot 1brain 1 anemone 1patch of zoas no clue what they look like 1 cleaner shrimp 1 peppermint shrimp and some blue hermits and snails

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm111/littlemissy617/KidsandTank032.jpg

just click on see album

That is a great story. :)

Stop moving the zoas. Just let them be and they will open up faster. Your constant moving them is just making them not want to open.

What kind of lights do you have, and what other equipment is in there?

Welcome to the club again, and good luck with the tank.

dsoz

I have ceased moving it since last night. I have a octopus skimmer right now but I have a Kent Marine Nautilus EX-24 Protein Skimmer that I'm up grading to as soon as I figure out what media to put in it. I have a waved master that as soon as I get more power heads(pay day) I'll be hooking up I have a Hamilton Deluxe Hood 2x250 HQI's and 2x110 VHO's

well I love zoas but mine still havent opened so ....i dont know if I'll be getting more in the near future...though I want them. I would love a yellow tang and a mandrin fishand then some of those mushrooms like miniwhinny's there lovely before I can get a tang I will have to let go of my scopias tang he wont like another tang ...anyone wanna trade him for something? I would rather know he got a good home than see him at the lfs. I love a whole mix of corals so I will have to research and refine my taste but I have time.....it is a 90 gallon(whistle) and I can always go bigger...unless you ask my hubby(enforcer)