PVC to acrylic?

Algae

I'm ready to replace my exterior overflow box and I'd like to eliminate the bulkhead gasket and bond the PVC bulkhead directly to the acrylic overflow box. The gasket has always been the weak link so this is the rationale. I've got a feeling that this bonding has been done before. I realize that this will make the overflow box/bulkhead but that is just fine since I can put a union down below for cleaning, moving, etc.

The question is: What glue/solvent to get a strong bond? (scratch)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

weldon #40 will do it. 16 probably too. 40 will get you a better bond between different materials if it was somthing under pressure which it isnt.........But I would just get a new gasket.

If it isnt sealing it is becasue either the gasket is compromised, or the plastic on the bulkhead is warped or damaged so the gasket cant do its job.

Another option that is better than bonding the thing together is simply replace the gasket with silicone. this will fix the leak as well as be removable if you ever wanted

• Like 1