Miniwhinny's 29

Miniwhinny

I'm not sure what the forum rules are on "advertising" LFS's out of the area - I'd have bought these locally if I could have found one. So I'll PM you. Maybe a mod can let me know. I'm totally into supporting our local LFS stores for 99.9999% of my purchases...and if any LFS owners are reading this...please let us know if you can get these :D

Telling where you bought something is not really "advertising." Especially if you did not get paid to say it, or you did not get a discount on prior or future items.

I say go ahead and post where you got them. I know I am interested in getting a hold of something like those shrooms. (if you ever want to trade for one, let me know)

dsoz

dsoz...for all the support you gave me last summer...when "Baby-Blue" is a little larger and you can talk me through the surgery for removing him - he's yours :D

As for where I got them...Coral fanatics in Boise Idaho (www.coralfanatics.com) Deirdra (store owner) is just awesome. I can't say enough about them. I also bought 3 awesome rics all priced under $20! Sometimes the Rhodactis (seems these shrooms are sometimes listed as Discosomas...sometimes Rhodies - depending on the expert!) aren't on the site so e-mail and ask.

If anyone gets some...let me see 'em :D I'm putting in another order after I get my 250w Sunpod...they have some mind blowing powder blue ones.

dsoz...for all the support you gave me last summer...when "Baby-Blue" is a little larger and you can talk me through the surgery for removing him - he's yours :D

You honor me too much. But I accept.

As for surgery... it is nothing. A sharp blade, a quick slice close to the rock, and you have another shroom.

I have been splitting a cool shroom that I have using a rubber band. The pressure of the band slowly separates the piece, but it stays attached to the same rock. After about a week I use a razor blade to finish the job because no matter how much pressure the rubber band makes, it seems that there is still a part of the foot near the rock that is still attached. I have used this method to make one large shroom (silver dollar size) into 4-5 nickel to quarter sized pieces. Now it is just time to wait for them to grow out. I may post pics later in my thread.

dsoz

• 2 weeks later...

Got a new pet...

Introducing...

Jean-Claude Van Clam (sorry..couldn't resist HAHAHAHA)

072a.jpg

This is an ORA Maxima, about 1 1/2 inches. I got him from Oasis in Redmond for only $30 ! I've never had a clam before and I LOVE it !!! I'm hooked. I have him under a 150 HQI but I'm going to be updating to a 250 in about a month.

fishiefish, I haven't fed him. John (ownder of Oasis) was told by ORA that at this size they can feed themselves from the light like mrgreenthumb said. I'm hoping the 150 will be enough for him until I replace it with a 250. He's attached himself so I'm presuming the flow and light are okay :D

I love your clam!!! Very pretty!!! We have four clams in our 180 tank. They are my favorite!! Clams rule (rock2)

Thanks :D They really are addictive. I'm in big trouble too...went into Oasis yesterday and they have a stunning maxima in there. Sure wish there was a cure for this addiction (whistle);)

Wish I had a 180 :D

there is...its called buy more and hide the reciet from prying eyes...."oh look honey it most've come as a hitch hiker" lol keep me posted on him I'm thinking of getting my first in june....there just so pretty

Oh I already do that HEHEHHEE. Poor hubby is in for a big shock when I pick up my baby peacock from the breeder next week. I've been setting up a pen behind the barn...he has no clue..he never goes back there HAHAHAHA. In about a year the thing will be strolling our garden and I can honestly say "Oh honey, I've had him for years" HAHAHAHHAHAHA ;)(laugh)(whistle)

Dura Super Glue Gel. One or two things came on rubble that I was able to insert into crevices but most things are attached with super glue gel. The clam I just set in the hole and he decided it was a nice place and set down his own foot.

Can't tell you how many times I've glued myself to a rock though HAHAHHAHA.