Vacation feeding

Hey, I live in SE Portland and am going to try and find someone/people for vacation feeding this summer. Are there any services people can recommend for this? I have a friend who does it but she's $125 a day, which is totally reasonable but not realistic, at least not for me at this time, and she really is dog cat and bird. What do you guys do? I have a bunch of tanks of freshwater shrimp, a few terrariums of frogs, and the reef so it's not a thing I can ask a neighbor for, ya gotta be a true nerd like me to qualify (; .  

Kate

• 4 weeks later...

For the reef, I use freeze dried mysis shrimp with 3 automatic feeders for a 120g with 9 fish. I also have a KH director and I attach a tennis ball size of chaeto for the tangs. I was able to leave the tank for 1 month without a loss. But I sent people to check on it due to false alarms a couple times-no intervention was needed. 

A month, that is awesome! I will definitely need an in person sitter, I think I have someone but I will also check out any member willing and trusted sitters. I am going to start doing small animal boarding myself, too, as I have an open room and I see there is definitely a need in Portland! Having seen the crowded rooms of the few people out there offering... which kind of scares me from a disease control perspective. I don't have an auto top off system either. Seems like in general a thing that ought to be set up in case of emergencies. I was just saying around when I posted this that if I broke my leg my animals would be screwed, then that night I broke a bone in my foot. Just feeding them and myself was pretty much hell for a couple weeks... it's getting better.