WTB macroalgae in Corvallis

rajah

WTB macroalgae in Corvallis

(laugh) I have been looking for the same with no such luck. I am your next door neighbor and if I can find any, I will let you know and we can work something out.

I started in January of this year and it is very hard for a new hobbiest to get started. You look like your a pretty new member, what has your luck been like?

I will let you know when I get something. What I have in my sump/refugium is very small, and I don't even know what I have for sure, I will look it up online.

Thanks

Kevin (laugh)

Hey Kevin,

I have been in the hobby for a few years now and am just getting my tank back into good shape. I used to have lots of cool macroalgae, but then I cleaned it all out and it has been slow to grow back.

I might be going to Portland soon, so I could look for some macroalgae in the reef shops up there. I'll keep you posted if I get some.

Dan

You guys might try Albany's Amazing Aquarium. I bought a chunk of cheato there a while back and found several different kinds of macro tangled up in the ball. I planted some and threw out others and it is growing alright. Right now, though, it is still kind of small, otherwise I'd pull some chunks of for you.

I am open to a nice variety of mico-alge, I have cheato, and two others, but they are very very small right now. I guess I need to buy what I can, put it in my fuge and start growing.

Also I might used an extra 33 GAL Rubbermaid tote and grow in that way. I could order several different kinds and pay $25.00 shipping, but why do that. We just need to be watching for eachother.

Let me know if anyone is going to a reef shop anytime, so I can get you some $$$.

Thanks

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...