Blocked water line, debugged by Apex

Story of this weeks equipment adventure, that ended with a clogged 1/4" RO water line that fed my calcium reactor.

My target Alk is 9.0.    Turn on CaReactor if below 9, turn off CO2 gas if above 9.  

1. Two days ago, I notice Alk going down
  2. Maybe ATO sensor is fouled, and nightly not ATO happening.  100% of ATO is through Kalk, and to help Alk & pH.  NOPE
  3. Maybe I'm out of CO2 gas.  Check the pH inside calcium reactor, it's not perfect, but clearly acid (~6.55).  NOPE
  4. Check CO2 on/off control, maybe Apex outlet is busted, CO2 Asked to be on, but not flowing.  NOPE

Look in fishroom, see that there is no water coming OUT of the CaReactor, back into the sump.

• My CaReactor is fed by 1/4" RO tubing, pushed ~20feet into reactor, and returned ~20feet back to reactor

BINGO!   Water line must be clogged.   Air Compressor fixes that.   Set it all back up again.

Give it overnight... Alk is coming back up.

My corals are consuming an impressive amount of Alk each day.   My ATO is about 5 gallons of straigh disolved KalkWater.  (not paste).   Calcium Reactor is a large 8" diameter chamber model, and usually isn't enough to fully keep up.    Looks like this week I proved I really need BOTH methods to keep the tank going!

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 3