ZEOvit users help!

Does anyone local still use Zeovit system? How complex is it to run and use? 

I’ve been looking intoit and just get lost in all of it. So anyone local who  uses it or has used it please dumb down everything needed to run it and start it. 

i know a reactor is needed but where I’m lost is are you still using dosing pumps for calcium and alk or do the blue bottles handle all that? It’s just something I’m truly not familiar with and very interested in doing for my next build

I utilize the zeovit system. 

It is complex to switch over to from an existing system but not if starting from scratch. It is very demanding in terms of consistent + frequent maintenance.

Basic Items required:

-Zeolites (rocks)

-Zeobac (bacteria)

-Zeostart (carbon)

-A ton of activated carbon

-Zeofood (aminos works)

The blue bottles are designed to handle all of it via manual input. 

If you are into complete control and enjoy daily tinkering then I would suggest zeovit systems. 

Don't do auto dosing as that can mess the zeovit guidelines. The only thing you could potentially dose is the ZeoStart. Everything else you would have to time perfectly if you'd like to go on vacation. 

My take on it is that you are running a high input for a ultra low nutrient system because anything added is being consumed immediately. The dial in is intense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eatfrenchfries said:

I utilize the zeovit system. 

It is complex to switch over to from an existing system but not if starting from scratch. It is very demanding in terms of consistent + frequent maintenance.

Basic Items required:

-Zeolites (rocks)

-Zeobac (bacteria)

-Zeostart (carbon)

-A ton of activated carbon

-Zeofood (aminos works)

The blue bottles are designed to handle all of it via manual input. 

If you are into complete control and enjoy daily tinkering then I would suggest zeovit systems. 

Don't do auto dosing as that can mess the zeovit guidelines. The only thing you could potentially dose is the ZeoStart. Everything else you would have to time perfectly if you'd like to go on vacation. 

My take on it is that you are running a high input for an ultra low nutrient system because anything added is being consumed immediately. The dial in is intense.

I do enjoy daily tinkering.  This would be a new system so that’s good to hear about it being easier to start. 
is there anyplace you recommend to start looking? I’ve been on the zeovit forum but it just seems like nonsense since I’m a visual person 

Zeovit forum is the go to. Nano-reef (German) is advisable as Jorgen has posted some pictures of concept. Haven't checked this one in some time though. 

Never seen any visuals for a zeo system. A lot of it is literature and pictures of success tanks. 

I run a aquamaxx 3L but I think the preferred is the Bubble Magus Z. Do not get Vector. 

If I were to get a different reactor I would just replicate Donovoan Joanne's Nitrate Destroyer as I believe that would help me fine tune certain additives and focus bacterial function. 

• Thanks 1

I found the link to Nitrate Destroyer.   

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/poor-mans-nutrients-control-donovans-nitrate-destroyer.302685/

Is this the  "Zeovit Forum"?

https://forum.zeovit.com/

As a complete side note.  I just bought a bag of zeolit.  I'm constantly low on Barium (like 3-5 range), and found a discussion that it may leach from Zeovit.  Next time I open my calcium reactor, I'm going to put a layer of zeolit on top.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/high-barium-and-zeovit-media.1012652/

Another side note, I'm using the KZ "Coral 1, 3, 4" (in addition to moonshiner system/MS).  This is NOT the zeovit system.  It's additives on the side.  Overall, their product lines and offerings are confusing.   My thought behind using KZ Coral started before moving to MS system.  Do weekly additions, keep them up.   I've just kept them up.  May drop now that I'm feeling on top of things.