Sps no fish?

Zach0225

Is it possible to run a successful long term tank with no fish and just sps with inverts? 

I’d assume it is if you dosed and fed to account for the lack of fish poo its possible but is it sustainable? Anyone who is doing this please let me know how. 

5 minutes ago, relapsed_reefer said:

Why no fish?

I guess it’s more of a curiosity, I can always get clowns or some other form but there aren’t many fish that catch my eye that are suitable for a nano. 

I love hawkish, coral beauty and mandarins but i feel nanos are too small for them

My 22 gallon coral quarantine tank is fishless. I dose ammonia daily and phosphate weekly. I will feed pellets from time to time. There’s a ton of amphipods and bristleworms in it since there aren’t any predators. I previously ran the same tank as my main display with 2 clowns and a hawk. The corals seem to not notice a difference. 

• Like 2

I have been thinking the same. Maybe as a grow out tank..I think it would be alot more stable and the ammonia dosing would be safer without fish but may kill off some inverts. 🤔🤔🤔 should I? 🤣