Livestock for Elementary School?

Webfoot

Hi all,

I have set up a tank again at my elementary school this year as a clownfish/nem focused tank since that's what kids were most into last year. I was curious if anyone had any rock flower anemones and/or a pistol shrimp & goby pair (preferably something smaller than a watchman goby) they would be willing to donate or offer at a reduced price. My office is at the front of the school and all the students walk by the tank in the morning, so it gets a lot of visibility and enjoyment. We have a new principal this year so I kept it at 15 gallons, but I'm contemplating going bigger next year :)

I have two small rainbow bubble nems that were donated from last year still and bought some new darwin clowns (last year's pair bit me when I'd clean the tank so they went back to the LFS). I'm hoping to add more anemones of different colors. I'm happy to offer bubblegum digi (I have a lot) or bicolor hammer frags in return! Located in Eugene.

IMG_8802.thumb.JPG.bbf6c8ee069e4abc070e313a6e8563ed.JPG

Edited by Webfoot
  • Like 1

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScW8o1TGTzX-mcDL6vsmYmU2Dwdj5AFifEyiftk2mgvNCFH1w/viewform?usp=sf_link

We are revamping our TFT program into a grant program. You can apply for money from our fund to purchase livestock or equipment for your tank. Fill out the Google doc and then you can purchase what you need from one of our sponsor shops.

We will be announcing this with more details at our holiday party this Sunday.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Lexinverts said:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScW8o1TGTzX-mcDL6vsmYmU2Dwdj5AFifEyiftk2mgvNCFH1w/viewform?usp=sf_link

We are revamping our TFT program into a grant program. You can apply for money from our fund to purchase livestock or equipment for your tank. Fill out the Google doc and then you can purchase what you need from one of our sponsor shops.

We will be announcing this with more details at our holiday party this Sunday.

Thanks for that info! I'll see if I can make the holiday party. I've been wanting to have a different themed tank every year so students are exposed to a diversity of marine life (last year it was soft-coral focused). For example, I've contemplated how it would work to sustain a pipefish/seahorse tank in a future year. So, I would be curious if there was a way to return some of the livestock to the store at the end of the year to repurpose some of the funding if some livestock isn't compatible with next year's theme. 

• Like 1

I cant offer any anemones unfortunately, though if u are looking for a softie lmk I have a couple i can donate. Free of charge! Im obsessed with them and i have most of the commonly available variety ones some rarer ones too. Clove polyp, xenia, shroom, leather, gsp, zoa, gorgonia u name it i probably have some. Here some pic.

IMG_8320.jpg

IMG_8324.jpg

IMG_8321.jpg

IMG_8322.jpg

IMG_8325.jpg