Free White Worm Culture

Rugops

They last a few days in saltwater. If your fish/inverts haven't gobbled them up. 

While I wouldn't make this main source of nutrition I highly recommend the enrichment value it has on your fish. Never seen a fresh/salt fish not be enticed by something alive and wriggling. 

It's awesome to feed to coral because anything your coral doesn't eat will wriggle away and be foraged by fish. I usually do this for foraging fish that need to be adopted to frozen. 

Also the worms are able to be gutloaded to an extent. 

Old video from my FB

1 hour ago, Eatfrenchfries said:

Surprised no one has scooped this up. Unlimited live food with minimal input. Sounds like an awesome deal.  

I'm trying to increase population of the ones I got from you. I think my basement isn't quite as cold as they like.

Edited by LavenderTi

The heat has slowed down production immensely for my white worms. I keep mine room temperature with a backup in a cooler set to 65F

Grindals do grow faster than white worms in general. They're also better adapted to the heat. 

45 minutes ago, LavenderTi said:

I'm trying to increase population of the ones I got from you. I think my basement isn't quite as cold as they like.

You could get a cheap plastic cooler and put them in with frozen water bottles as needed. 

It's quite amazing to see my nem eat these. You can see how the worms are reacting to being stung.

They get an awesome feeding response from fish and coral alike.

I kinda dont feed my fish these anymore though.

34 minutes ago, Eatfrenchfries said:

The heat has slowed down production immensely for my white worms. I keep mine room temperature with a backup in a cooler set to 65F

Grindals do grow faster than white worms in general. They're also better adapted to the heat. 

You could get a cheap plastic cooler and put them in with frozen water bottles as needed. 

I've got a few coolers from recent livestock orders. I can put them with some freezer blocks to cool them down a bit.

7 hours ago, obrien.david.j said:

Okay, I'll risk a basic question...   Do we feed white worms to saltwater fish?    Or are these Freshwater food?

They are also a bit fatty if you feed them the right foods.