What husbandry tools do you use?

Abarger16

Im curious what other people use and where you got it from ive been looking at amazon for a good pair of long forceps and a long pipette but havent been sold on anything yet. I dont like putting my hands in the water for fear of whats on them. I work in an industrial environment and have been worried about contamination of my dt.

I use a variety of tongs/grabbers/etc for when I'm trying to not get my hands wet.  But generally, I get my hands in.

Picked up my most recent addition at MACNA in early Sept, Titanium Tongs.   My stainless steel ones never seem to stay clean/stainless, unless I rinse in fresh water after every use.  So I'm going to try these.   But this company had a big selection available.  Check out the last picture, of the guy holding his latest addition.   Long the jaws open remotely.  Looked good to pick corals up that may have fallen behind rocks.   (My tank needs to grow out more before I can't easily reach the bottom, so I didn't pick them up)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Abarger16 said:

I cant seem to find those really long ones anywhere.

Amazon sells them, although finding the long ones was hard.   It seems they do sales through ebay as well.   Try a couple of these searches on both ebay and amazon.

• Tamsco stainless tongs
  • 24" Aquarium Tongs
  • 24" aquarium tweezer

BTW, their website is soo slooow I couldn't even use it.  http://www.tamsco.biz

image.png

image.png

image.png

I picked up a huge tweezer years ago........... I think ebay and wasnt that expenbsive....... it did rust just a little in spots but yeah sometimes you forget to clean them off after use if in a hurry....... @Flash21 has them now and not sure what they look like.......

I have a 12" set and works great for feeding my dwarf lion but am looking for a bigger set now.......

• Like 1