And there's a new RO unit in the family

obrien.david.j

What did I do this holidays?  I bought a new RO unit on black Friday, and installed it on new years weekend!

I bought my Kent Hi-S ~50gpd unit some time in the 90's, and it's been in constant use ever since.  I've replaced the membrane and cartridges multiple times, broke a cylinder from overtightening, and added an RO booster buddie (great addition, highly recommended).  Punch line, I've gotten my monies worth out of this unit.

But, my system is not bigger, would be nice to have more capacity, and also be nice to produce less waste water.   (got some Large water bills last summer, which in fairness included watering the lawn/etc)

So black Friday, I ordered a new fully automated, integrated, all the bells and whistles unit.  Finished installation yesterday!

• SpectraPure® Mega MaxCap® Performance Plus™ 1:1 RO/DI System

There was one interesting twist with this unit.  It includes a dedicated 3/8" RO flush line (blue hose dangling), that does the flush with RO water, not incoming water.   This is new to me.   

Out with the Old:

IMG_3536.jpg

IMG_3537.jpg

In with the new!

66285758204__51EBCC37-B13A-42D2-9452-4EB49F69ECCF.jpg

IMG_3542.jpg

Thank you for your service!

IMG_3545.jpg

IMG_3538.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Parzifal said:

Nice unit!   

Thanks. 

What you can't see is the high water and "low enough to start re-making RO" water sensors that came with it too.   Instructions were to drill holes in side of RO tank, but I don't like holes.  So built a PVC structure that hangs down Inside the tank to hold the sensors.   Nice-n-clean, and not extra holes in the tank.  :)

12 hours ago, spectra said:

Love SpectraPure products.......... been running one of there units for years along with a booster pump and also a few extra cartridges........ and the ATO is a great addition also.......

Yup.   Booster Pump included and auto flush cycles every X hours and on startup.  

• Like 1