Bailed torch head

Lazyreefer

Hey there I have this torch coral head that bailed off the polyp from being irritated by my eel too much I believe. I caught it in the tank and put it in a mushroom box with some rubble hoping maybe it could attach. I have had torch corals in the past lose heads and end up popping up on another piece of live rock and growing randomly. This is a purple torch with some gold in it so I was a little frustrated when I saw one of the heads was off floating around the tank but still pretty cool nonetheless that it’s surviving for multiple days like this and getting smaller at night and still expanding during the day like normal, any tips to getting it to heal and attach would be great I guess but I think I am doing all that I can? 🤷🏻‍♂️ Have a good day people!! 

04378147-97DD-45E5-9706-7F4B74430355.jpeg

I had something similar happen with a piece of frogspawn that came off. I just set it in a corner and left it, eventually it grew a base and I was able to attach the little nub to a frag plug. Now it’s 2-3”. Was just a little side experiment, wasn’t really expecting it to grow. As long as it’s not blowing away I would just leave it and see what happens, sounds like you have it in an ideal spot for it to grow or attach.