mystery wrasse please advise

uhuru

One thing I can say about live aquaria is they have a good refund policy so good I really dont see how they make any money lol anyways these guys are pretty hardy I've never had one but know a few that do and they've ben great fish so unless there not giving there regular garrantee I'd go for it.

I bought 2 mystery wrasses from Rose City Aquarium about a year and half ago and had no problems with them. (clap) They are probably the healthies fish in my tank. I was very happy with the price you can not beat Rose City prices!! (rock2) They also got me a golden dwarf eel too! Hard to take a picture of him. Here are some pictures of my wrasse, they are in a 120 gallon tank.

DSC00338.jpg

IMG_2657.jpg

IMG_2656.jpg

I didnt know they were available locally, but to be honest for the more expensive fish Im slightly hesitant to buy local unless it has been there and eating for a couple of weeks. ive had a couple die on me before and there is no live guarantee (understandably so). I will check out rose city though.

All the mystery wrasses we have got in (over 10 of them in the last year,) have been extremely healthy. We get our fish directly from the diver. we get our choice before any wholesalers in L.A. or anywhere else get to choose. I have no problem ordering these fish in. I have never had one die on me. come get it out of the bag for a smoking deal, or come wait and watch it eat.

-Nick

If you want any shrimp forget this fish, he will eat them and test other crabs and hermits, My arrow crab defends itself against the Mystery Wrasse but the wrasse tried eating him at first. I had 60 hermits and no longer have any, I had 4 huge shrimps and he ate them too. I would make you a sweeeeet deal on the plumpest Mystery wrasse around if I could catch him. I want him gone and hes well beyond fat and thick. Pretty fish about 4.5" long but pretty agressive against new tank additions as well.

The most timid fish as far as netting though, all my other fish will eat from my hands but I think the Mystery knows I want him gone

this was him 6 months ago, hes really grown fast off his expensive diet wreck3-3.jpg

Most LFS will hold a fish, with deposit, for a week or more (or whatever you agree upon. UP FRONT) This gives you and the fish time to eat and settle. Of course, if you don't buy it. No deposit return. I WOULDN'T BE EXPECTING THE LFS TO DISCOUNT IT EITHER Make your deal. Whenever possible Work with your LFS.:)

huskerduck - beautiful wrasse you got there! I'm not planning on keeping any shrimp or crabs as I also have 2 hawkfish, plus I want to let some algae grow as I plan to add a dwarf angel in the future.

CCR I'm looking at getting one from Rose City that they've had for several months now and is eating well, so it sounds like a pretty safe bet :)

I was thinking the same thing. (about the belly not what you know) :p

"Sometimes" sunken belly is a sign of intestinal worms, especially if it's eating, so if that was the case

it would die long after the guarantee. Buy local. On the other hand sometimes new fish take a while to fill comfortable enough to come out and eat. My possum wrasse to over 3 weeks before I even seen him.