Coral ID, any ideas?

junior

I've had this acro for a few years now. It's become one of my favorites and I don't see it anywhere. I got it from one of the local stores as a brown wild small colony that probably wasn't going to make it. It wasn't happy in there and was starting to bleach. After a few months it started to get a nice pastel green color, but after adding more light it developed blue tips. It grows in a table like fashion but doesn't fuse like a table acro.

I'm just wondering if anyone had any idea out of curiousity. I may start fragging it soon and thought it better to have an idea of what it is, because its about 8-10" across and growing quickly.

Also I am terrible with photos so did my best.

IMG_1554.JPG

IMG_1556.JPG

IMG_1559.JPG

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, junior said:

That looks dead on. Very similar if not the same, but I was told its a wild so most likely not from the same mother colony.

Thanks all.

The aquaculture did species all came from wild colonies so it’s not unusual to get a wild colony that is the same as a “brand name” Many unethical people sell wild colonies as named colonies. Wild colonies are typically harder to keep as they have not adapted to aquarium conditions .you clearly have some skills as pearlberries on a  good day can be touchy. 

30 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

The aquaculture did species all came from wild colonies so it’s not unusual to get a wild colony that is the same as a “brand name” Many unethical people sell wild colonies as named colonies. Wild colonies are typically harder to keep as they have not adapted to aquarium conditions .you clearly have some skills as pearlberries on a  good day can be touchy. 

Thanks. Been at it for 20 years.

Usually avoid wilds for that very reason, but thought I would give the coral chance since it wasn't going to make it at the store and the price was. Wouldn't ever try to sell something using those names as I always forget what crazy name they have as soon as they are in my tank lol.