Notes on Ecotech Versa

Willapa

I had another thread with some experiences with the Versa dosing pump tubes needing frequent replacements and wanted to share what I learned from Ecotech. I’ve put my fourth one on in less than a year. Basically this is a common issue when using them continuously for a ca reactor. They’ve since made a new retainer clip that is supposed to help some and will be sending me one along with a few free replacement tubes (they do have excellent customer support and warranties). The new models include this clip. They also stated the pumps should push water through the reactor vs pulling, which is how mine is set up. Its supposedly easier for them to push vs pull? I’m still struggling to see how this would wear them out so fast considering my reactor is not that large, the flow rate was low, and there were no major pipe restrictions. But I’ll give it a try and see. 

I also had troubles with the new tubes leaking at the connections. They said this was a defect that has now been addressed.

Otherwise they have worked great. Thought I would pass along for others that may have them.

• Like 1

Yo trevor, you probably already know this, but a TON of lubrication also helps with continual duty P pumps. I put a metric ton of silicone lube on my tube when I installed it and every know and then "smoosh" it around so it stays on the tube.  I can't see how pushing vs pulling would matter on the pump, at first I thought that the negative pressure of pulling would last a little longer than the positive pressure of pushing... but when you are pushing on one side/ you are pulling on the other side of the pump so....

But I have read elsewhere that you do want to push into the reactor.. less likely for the reactor to run dry. 

• Like 1

On 11/4/2020 at 4:39 PM, pdxmonkeyboy said:

Yo trevor, you probably already know this, but a TON of lubrication also helps with continual duty P pumps. I put a metric ton of silicone lube on my tube when I installed it and every know and then "smoosh" it around so it stays on the tube.  I can't see how pushing vs pulling would matter on the pump, at first I thought that the negative pressure of pulling would last a little longer than the positive pressure of pushing... but when you are pushing on one side/ you are pulling on the other side of the pump so....

But I have read elsewhere that you do want to push into the reactor.. less likely for the reactor to run dry. 

Thanks for the tip. I have been adding some because they are packaged without anything and don’t include any lube. But I’m sure I could be adding more. Just like glue.....can’t have too much!!