Tank move questions

bamburgb

So looking at moving the tank one thing came to mind, who has a large tank (180 gallon or more) on carpet and has moved it? Was there a lot of residue under the tank (I know mine has been messy and over flowed a few times)? How did you clean it if there was? I’m thinking I would rent a rug dr or something but not sure How well that would work. 

I didn’t really have any residue despite overflowing 2x. The issue more was the carpet was matted down where the tank was. I used a carpet shampooer which helped but you could still see it was there. Might be different with different types of carpet though, I would say you should definitely run over it with a shampooer if you want to have any hope of fluffing it back up.

Edited by Blue Z Reef
  • Like 1

I think I dealt with more if a depression where the tank sat, like you could really tell something was there. We did this after a move out, that particular tank I had made some messes during water changes (like knocking over 5 gallon buckets lol) and I was always worried about the carpet. After we moved I just used a carpet shampooer but it won't do much for the depression if ones left there unfortunately, at least in my case it didn't. I'm not sure if that's something that goes away over time or not though because like I said it was during our move out.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk