closed loop for 2.5g tank

rmhuntley

I want to put a closed loop in my 2.5g nano. its not set up yet so the sky is basically the limit here.

I want to use 1/2" bulkheads and drill the tank, but I"m unsure if I should use 1 intake and 2 output holes or 1 and 1. I plan on setting up a maxijet400 or 600 externally for the flow. What do you guys think?

I'm actually doing the same on my small 16 gallon tank. Are you going to have a container to put the maxijet in incase it leaks?

I'm planning on getting a PVC tube and stick a heater inside. Still drawing up plans right now though.

That's the plan though, no bulky equips inside the tank.

Yeah I was planning on making a small container to catch leaks. I'm not too worried about a h eater on a tank that small, the lighting should provide all the heat I need. there's a good plan online for a HOB closed loop setup w/ heater chamber, but I really don't want to do HOB this time

Good Idea!

I like this idea. I have a Eclipse 3 gallon tank sitting around and if I was to set it up agian I would definitely look into doing a closed loop cause any type of small pump that you add to the tank takes up a lot of space.

I would go with 1 intake and 2 returns.

Keep us posted on what you do.

Not sure about filtration yet. I was thinking about http://www.deltecusa.us/proteinskimmers/ap703.php for the skimmer. Seriously, I will probably rely on water changes and LR for the filtration. Lighting, I'm not sure yet. I was going to go w/ 1x32w pc 50/50, but found these http://www.commodityaxis.com/ProductData.aspx?id=72 the other day and may go w/ 3 or 4 of them.