mailbox issue??????

reefgeek84

If there where no non-paying members and they where discouraged ALL THE TIME there would be no paying members, if you can call $20 a payment, I cant buy lunch for $20 with my family.

This WHOLE site can't be held accountable for a few members that have made it clear they don't like you. As for payment again, I don't care if you pay or not, its the justification for payment that has me baffled.

I pay the fee for a simple reason, its not because it GIVES ME something (I cant get a discount from our sponsors because of reasons I wont discuss here), its not because people listen to me if Im a member, and its not because I want to sell things. Its simply because if I dont do my part to help PNWMAS exist I have no place to point all the people that are getting in the hobby, this in turn causes something else you may realize.. Lots of inexperienced people trying out the hobby without a clue, like cycling a tank with damsels, like running a coral tank with bio balls, adding predators to corals tanks, adding seabae's to pc lighting tanks, I could go on and on, my point is this site is for education, and I due my part in this hobby by donating my time and money to a place that enables FREE information to those that know little if not nothing in the hobby and provide an outlet for education, without these donations this site would not exist and lots of people will continue to buy things and mishandle them, I don't know what you think this site means but its an educational site providing YOU a place to get and share info, in turn reducing the loss of marine life.

And the most important part to me is if I had not found this site that WE pay for I would never be in this hobby to begin with, this and other site gave me the confidence to move on with plans of new and better tanks. For that I am thank full, and $20 is worth every cent.

Hope this clarifies my point. With no "Poking" intended.

I did not say it is a constant that people are belittled about not paying, but it does happen from time to time and that is just to much and it should not happen at all...

That is fine...you want to pay for it, more power to you... I simply do not want to pay for it, that is plain and simple. Again you are missing my point and only seeing what you want to see, I do not think that being a member gets you any more credit on the site...again I did it to prove a point, because what was being told to me was that if you were a paying member your thoughts would get more respect...and I knew it would not, so I paid for the membership and it did nothing in that sense, which proved my point. I did not want to pay the money before then and I do not want to pay the money now, not for any reason other then the simple fact that I do not want to pay for it...

I guess you and I differ, I was into this hobby, well before I found this site or any other site, I have had some form of salt tank, since I was about 6, so I guess I do not have the same feelings you do. I never said that it was this whole site, there are quite a few people who do not like me and that is totally cool, that has nothing to do with the site and I do not hold it accountable...but I do think there is alot of unnecessary politics in this site...

You help out by paying money...I help out by donating and helping people out on the boards as well as chat...

(scratch)I got nothing. You want a debate? Just cross Brandon and you got it(threaten). It's all good man. I'm not dogging on anyone here. You guys are off the hook! My fish are reading this over my schoulder rolling in the current with laughter!

Everyones opinion matters!! Weather your a member or not. We do have a great suggestion box set up so people can post their ideas. The membership fees goes towards things the club would like to do. Like have guest speakers, special events etc.... Those things don't come free. Having the website is a added bonus.

Our club Mission is a not for profit society dedicated to the education and husbandry of marine life in a captive environment. Together we can share our collective knowledge and experience for improved care and propagation of marine life,while reducing the negative impact that coral collection can have on the coral reel. We are committed to educating the public on proper care and maintenance of these miniature ecosystems and to promote the interest and enjoyment of the hobby. Our society provides resources to the marine aquarium enthusiast in Oregon and surrounding areas by sponsoring meetings lectures and online discussions,websites and other means to connect other hobbyists. PNWMAS supports many educational and conservation organizations intended for the improvement of coral reef environments.

Guest Moderator

Enough!

Everyone has a say in this club, whether you are a paid member or not. The membership monies go towards keeping this website running, among other things. The servers and software are NOT free. The labor, however, is.

Please, end the verbal altercations and return to your respective corners. Enough said.

Enough!

Everyone has a say in this club, whether you are a paid member or not. The membership monies go towards keeping this website running, among other things. The servers and software are NOT free. The labor, however, is.

Please, end the verbal altercations and return to your respective corners. Enough said.

There are no verbal altercations...So people can not have a discussion and/or a disagreement? Same old stuff... I have no problems with Nyles and nothing he said I took offense to nor that was stereotypical flaming...not sure why he and I and anyone else for that matter, can not discuss something or merely defend our points of view...

as for what the money goes to...I understand this, that was never a question and I never said that this was a club for profit...my guess is that the membership fees do not always cover the cost of the great things that this club does and that some people step up to make up the difference.