Neo Therm heater with Red light

skebor

Hello everyone.

I have recently (about 2 months ago) upgraded my c-vue 40 to an IM SR-80. I moved all of my equipment over and everything has been going great with the exception of my temp being around 79.8. Everything was going fine, but today i decided to drop my temp by a few degrees. My heater is a neo therm from cobalt and to change the temp setting you push the button at the top to the desired temp. Well, all was going well as i pushed the button, but when it hit 94 it stopped and turned red. I then unplugged the heater for about 30 min and cleaned it. When i plugged it back in it was the same. The temp will not change when i push the button and seems stuck. The heater is less than a year old... any clue on what needs to be done? Is the heater dead?3c5994c67c87a84a6a3ecd82a219a866.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Those type of heaters are a ticking time bomb.   We had one years ago and will never own one again.  Blew up in the tank... lost many corals and fish.  

I've actually talked about this before, I lost almost everything and had to start over when mine apparently got stuck on the highest temp setting of course while I was gone. The water temp was 94 when I returned and the smell was terrible, although I had lost a lot of $$ in corals, nems (I had over 100 bta's in that tank I believe) I was saddened most by the loss of my original Clowns [emoji174] I now just use Eheim heaters with a temp controller on all my tanks and replace the heaters after about eight months no matter what. I also have one of those little digital thermometers with the probes on all my tanks and glance at each while I'm feeding the fish every day. So far fingers crossed everything has been going great. Unfortunately heaters aren't built to last long, even the more expensive ones, that's why I started just replacing them more often even though they're still working. Better safe than sorry. I'm not saying that my way or what I'm currently using is the only way to do it I'm just speaking from experience and what I learned from it and learning the hard way

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Thanks for your help guys. I got a replacement en route. Im going with the brs titanium system. I likebthat for 50 bucks i can replace the element every year or so.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Oh I was just recently looking into those! I was thinking about getting the system in a couple months when it's time to replace mine anyway, you should post your review of it after using it for a while

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

• Like 1