Green palys

BeardUp

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, I agree with the glove recommendation and raise it with full-on goggles and maybe a hazmat suit.  I still have PTSD from my encounter, although the ophthalmologists at OHSU found it to be a great opportunity to treat this rare and devastating toxin over the months it took my eye to recover.  Do not boil the rock either as the toxin is literally deadly if inhaled.  

Public service announcement over...

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

now you all are making me think this cold is from these palys!

Still available if you can believe it with all these great selling points.

The ones I am giving away were on a piece of rock I had glued to some base rock and the palys grew around it like a branch. I have broken the branch off at the glue point. 

I would just let the base rock they have spread to dry out, however, I had placed some of @Gil&Fin's awesome encrusting SPS on that same rock and I would like to keep as well as some mushrooms. I may just take the rock out and chisel them off individually. It sounds like Jeff might end up with a bunch of palys and a blue damsel soon.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gil&Fin said:

Yeah, I agree with the glove recommendation and raise it with full-on goggles and maybe a hazmat suit.  I still have PTSD from my encounter, although the ophthalmologists at OHSU found it to be a great opportunity to treat this rare and devastating toxin over the months it took my eye to recover.  Do not boil the rock either as the toxin is literally deadly if inhaled.  

DANG Holly! That does not sound fun! 

3 hours ago, Teramelos said:

I suffered from poisoning as well a few weeks ago after doing serious fragging and leaving my skimmers on 

it went airborne and I woke up in the middle of the night with chest pain, short breath,numb fingers and metallic taste in my mouth 

serious stuffbe careful 💕

What? Just from being in the water with the skimmer? Thats intense. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gil&Fin said:

Mother, Public Official, Cancer Survivor, Purple Heart Aquarium Veteran, Cookie Baker - Gil&Fin.

• Haha 1

On 9/25/2019 at 7:48 PM, BeardUp said:

I would just let the base rock they have spread to dry out, however, I had placed some of @Gil&Fin's awesome encrusting SPS on that same rock and I would like to keep as well as some mushrooms. I may just take the rock out and chisel them off individually. It sounds like Jeff might end up with a bunch of palys and a blue damsel soon.

@BeardUp, if you lose any of the SPS you picked up from me, I'm happy to donate more of it to you (assuming I have the same/similar ones) if you decide to toss (i.e. safely dispose of) that rock.

• Like 2