Sfiligoi Xenus Wavemaker??????

reefgeek84

Has anyone seen this thing in action or know where a review of it is at?

SF-Xenus.jpg

"What would make your aquarium even better? For sure, the addition of extrordinary ripple effects of light through the water like in nature!

These lighting effects are created in nature by the sun passing through the waves on the water's surface creating refraction of light and giving that shimmer effect.

Sfiligoi is proud to present their brand new, patented wavemaker designed to create even and fully adjustable waves in your aquarium. You decide the height of the waves and adjust using the supplied controller.

In addition to creating a stunning lighting effect, the turbulent motion of the water maximizes surface area and allows for excellent gas exchange & oxygenation."

they are only 200.00 bucks, which is an insane deal for Sfiligoi stuff...if it worked, would be a really good deal...I am almost tempted to get it, just cause it is only 200.00 bucks...

All it does is ripple the water. Point a powerhead at the surface and you get the same effect.

They say:

Sfiligoi is proud to present their brand new, patented wavemaker designed to create even and fully adjustable waves in your aquarium. You decide the height of the waves and adjust using the supplied controller.

but you think it is just makes ripples on the top of the water? cause I have that already...

Too bad they didn't have floaties in the first wavemaker to see how deep it effects the water.....definitely a bit more than a small ripple though. The second wavemaker at the end of the video looked a bit dangerous or just an accident waiting to happen. Look closely at the right edge of the tank, it was rocking the entire tank itself and the stand. Seems like quite a bit of strain on tank seams' and a stand!

Too bad they didn't have floaties in the first wavemaker to see how deep it effects the water.....definitely a bit more than a small ripple though. The second wavemaker at the end of the video looked a bit dangerous or just an accident waiting to happen. Look closely at the right edge of the tank' date=' it was rocking the entire tank itself and the stand. Seems like quite a bit of strain on tank seams' and a stand![/quote']

I agree, the first one, had more then just ripples on the top of the water...with some power heads, it might make a cool random flow thing...

as for the 2nd one, it was a vortech...I think they were just showing what it was capable of...i do not think many people would get a 12" wave in their tank, considering more people have the water only about an inch or less below the top of the tank...but yeah, at that size of wave, could be very bad...

I am still slightly interested in what this might do in a tank...

Guest Mbeef61

jeez that vortech still has some massive deadspots...thats crazy....i dont really like that think....unless in a huge tank....i dont think either beats a dart on an oceans motions.

jeez that vortech still has some massive deadspots...thats crazy....i dont really like that think....unless in a huge tank....i dont think either beats a dart on an oceans motions.

Everyone compares OM's to wave makers, but OM's do not make waves at all...they simply put current out at different spots at different times, so it creates very random flow...Do not get me wrong, I really like OM's alot, if I was running a CL, I would use one (as I have used one in the past), but they do not create a wave effect...

Yes, vortech's have some dead spots so to all pumps, thus why I want a wave maker and a sea swirl as well as a sea swirl...

200 bucks for that seems like a rip. So you get something that makes little waves at the top of the tank, but probably zero effect anywhere else for the most part. At least the vortech you get waves and alot of current thru the tank., (up to 3000gph) That would take nearly 3 Korlia #4's.

200 bucks for that seems like a rip. So you get something that makes little waves at the top of the tank' date=' but probably zero effect anywhere else for the most part. At least the vortech you get waves and alot of current thru the tank., (up to 3000gph) That would take nearly 3 Korlia #4's.[/quote']

Yes the vortech puts out good flow, but they are super expensive and to get good results a very open rock work tank is needed...I had two on my old 110 and they were not worth their price tag...

Everyone compares OM's to wave makers, but OM's do not make waves at all...they simply put current out at different spots at different times, so it creates very random flow...Do not get me wrong, I really like OM's alot, if I was running a CL, I would use one (as I have used one in the past), but they do not create a wave effect...

Yes, vortech's have some dead spots so to all pumps, thus why I want a wave maker and a sea swirl as well as a sea swirl...

Yes and no. You can set them up so that 2 outlets on the right are running at the same time, and as it switches it goes to the left 2. Creating a wave effect on the corals, but you don't get that big wave. I don't think the corals can tell the difference.

But i gotta admit seeing a big wave go back and forth in a large tank is freaking cool!

Yes the vortech puts out good flow' date=' but they are super expensive and to get good results a very open rock work tank is needed...I had two on my old 110 and they were not worth their price tag...[/quote']

I'm just talking in comparison to your 200 dollar box that only creates a wave and very limited water movement elsewhere. 400 bucks would be a pump that would make the same wave with alot of water movement.

Both seem awfully expensive, but that box for 200 seems ridiculous for what you get.

I'm just talking in comparison to your 200 dollar box that only creates a wave and very limited water movement elsewhere. 400 bucks would be a pump that would make the same wave with alot of water movement.

Both seem awfully expensive, but that box for 200 seems ridiculous for what you get.

I agree that is alot of money for what it does...but you do not have to drill the tank and purchase extra bulk heads (and if you get good ones, they are about 25 each...), but I completey understand what you are saying...however...this is a wave device...I was more curious to see what it does, if it would have put out a very good wave, then I think it would have been a great investment, but I do not think it is worth the money...

http://www.oceansmotions.com/tsunami.wmv , would really only be good on an in wall or if you do not mind eye sores on each side of the tank...but it is sweet!

Yah i agree. Its all in the marketing. Notice how they word the description and don't have any video of it on their site?

Guest Mbeef61

thats one expensive wave....not even random...i dont seem why you would want that thing....just a big wave the same size the same time over and over....wheres the random....i thought thats the whole reason of wave action is create random sizes and intervals....ocean motion is a glorified SCWD...AKA WAVE MAKING DEVICE....that thing is a joke....surge bucket way cheaper....no you dont have to drill...just make room for a monster box....and have a giant lip on your tank for the waves....blah!

thats one expensive wave....not even random...i dont seem why you would want that thing....just a big wave the same size the same time over and over....wheres the random....i thought thats the whole reason of wave action is create random sizes and intervals....ocean motion is a glorified SCWD...AKA WAVE MAKING DEVICE....that thing is a joke....surge bucket way cheaper....no you dont have to drill...just make room for a monster box....blah!

Wow, your super positive (whistle) :) , Have you ever swam in an ocean? its a constant wave that moves back and forth and as the wave breaks against the rock it creates random flow. Also another great thing about the wave is it tends to move the entire column of water which usually does not leave alot of dead spots, unlike regular pumps and power heads...

as for a surge bucket...most people do not have room for those and at least the ones I have seen do not move the entire water column.

And they are loud!

I think the Tunze wavebox is the best i've seen still.

I have never seen the wave box in action...and I know Rich said that unless you have a long tank for these (and I would assume most wave creators) they do not offer much use to the tank....

I think I will just be getting a Wavy Sea and a Tunze nano 6055 on a single controller and call it day...

I was just hoping this thing might yield some positive results for only 200 bucks, but guess not.