Playground sand for DSB

luv951

Guest Mbeef61

ever wonder why you have to turn lights off for 3+ days every so often...i bet its silicate release. but what do i care....its not my cyano tank.

my aragonite keeps my tank algae free hahaahhahahahha

ever wonder why you have to turn lights off for 3+ days every so often...i bet its silicate release. but what do i care....its not my cyano tank.

my aragonite keeps my tank algae free hahaahhahahahha

Now you are taking shots at me? For what? Real mature. At least get your facts straight first before spout off about things you know nothing about big guy.

1. That was the first time i've done it.

2. No silica sand in that tank

3. cyano is a common problem in this hobby

Maybe you can go kick some small animals now? Make fun of retarded kids? I'm sure thats typical for you.

Perhaps you and your aragonite should get a room? bwahahahahahhaha

Guest Mbeef61

quote from you....Hey that looks great! You are going to be fine, remember since aragonite dissolves so fast in our tanks like homey up above says, and since your rock is made up of the same thing, your rock is just going to dissolve really quick. Like 60 lbs a year!!!!

dont call my friend homey....you started the shots but i will sure finish them....ps your tank is ugly thats all there is to it.

Awe you are a couple, how sweet.

That was more of a poor attempt at humor given the nature of the disagreement. Yours was a flat out personal attack. Which made you look stupid given your lack of knowlegdge. And did you all the sudden forget how to read? Your girlfriend called me homeboy tough guy.

My tank doesn't care what you think. What are you 5?

[language filter]. I thought if someone was a board member on this that they were held to a little higher professionalism and common courtesy. I for one don't give a sh*t what either one of the guys in the pissing match thinks. But if this is going to be a friendly place for new people to the hobby to come visit and become a part of, we can't have this kinda crap going on especially from a board member. As far as the play sand, i think you have to be real ignorant to be that cheap to buy something that almost anyone who is educated out there will tell you is a bad idea instead of buying something that you know is proven. But with that also being said, that is only my personal opinion. I think it will be a fun "I told you so" when the tanks go haywire and turns to crap. But if people want to try it, then let them learn the hard way. It's no sweat off of anyone else. So now that we are done with that, let's keep the bullsh*t out of the post and if you guys, or gals, want to talk sh*t to each other, use the mailbox, that's what you have it for.(nono)

Hey, I mentioned that I believe what your saying... Im just lettin it fly for now with every intention of learning the hard way. Besides, its not technically my tank anyways. When I have the time and money to do this the right way, then I sure as hell wont be messing around with play sand... for now this tank is just that... for play and experimentation. Thanks for the advice down at the shop and dont think I just ignore it.

post links please....

HE ALREADY POSTED LINKS.

Your posts contradict each other, cal reactors don't add to a tanks stability in PH, all they do is add cal and alk. As for silicates you guys can argue all day, there are a few people I know running silicate sandbeds with no issues, however I personally feel better about running whats in a natural reef. Lets keep it civil here, where all adults, at least I think we are. All Impur did was voice his experiences, if you don't like it thats fine but don't get in a huff because someone tells there tale and provides links to back it up.

Blacklabel7. My post was not a slam on you. I just get tired of people who start slamming on people publicly over what methods they decide to use. If you want to pick up dried dog turds in the yard and use them for calcium reactor media, go ahead. It is not my place to say that you are an idiot. But if you used dried dog turds for reactor media after people told you not and you tank was not working right, then you deserve an "I told you so". But in the meantime if you want to experiment with something, that's fine. I just get tired of people bashing on people for what methods they are trying out. If they want to slam on you after you have tried and failed after being told it wouldn't work, that is one thing. But until that happens, people just need to shut their pie hole and bite their tounge.

Guest Mbeef61

link links links.....more BS from the internet....

when i hear something from someone on the internet i want to see their tanks....that is their resume...that is their credentials to talk the talk. all i hear out of his mouth is algae break this cyano that....tank crashes....blah blah blah. so why is it bad to call that out? anyone is welcome to look at mine...you will be too busy wiping drool than complaining.

as for the calcium reactor...to say it doesnt do anything to add to pH stability is flat out 100% wrong, i dont even need links to prove it. it adds alkilinity, which stabilizes pH. so to say it has nothign to do with pH is wrong...read up http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2006-06/rhf/index.php#2

as for being a board member...that isnt saying much, very immature....i dont resort to homophobic remarks.

im not even mad about this stupid issue anymore...im mad that these ignorant people can get away with this crap. and even call themselves a board member...at least i can leave, he has to be known for being a childish idiot. that shows what this site is made of.

as for banning me or whatever dont even worry about it...you can all have your site, everyone just argues and wants the cheap way out and want to argue over proven facts..this site isnt even useful anymore...its just about 25 people that go back and forth and like 200 that sit back and watch the jerry springer reef show...ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS YOU CANT BEAT WHATS ON THE OCEAN FLOOR ALREADY and i hope someone didnt pee in your sandbox before you put it in your thousand dollar tank...

and if you have anything else to say about it then we can talk in person...preferably arm distance.

Hey Mbeef61. Careful what you say man. Everything you put on a computer is stored somewhere regardless of how unimportant you might think it may be. Little phrases like that can get your butt in some trouble. I understand your frustration. The site content has changed alot over the last year and that is why i don't get on here much anymore. You are right, it is like the Jerry Springer show for aquarist. I think there is alot of people that probably feel the same way and just don't bother to say anything. Just like there is the usual repeat offenders that seem to have nothing better to do then to start sh*t. It's no big surprise who they are and for some reason they just never go away. All i can say is speak your piece and let the rest roll off your shoulder. I know it is VERY difficult to listen to some of the crap that comes out of peoples mouth and to not respond to alot of the other sh*t that goes on, but it's not worth your time and energy to respond to it. I think that some people on here actually enjoy stirring the pot. Just let it go man.DOH!

Sincerely, Jason