A review of aquascape fix

pdxmonkeyboy

I thought I would post a review of this product as it is not often carried in stores around town and I have to say that it works really well.

aquascape fix (AF) is a plastic polymer that comes in the form of little beads. You put them in hot water and they become pliable. You can then stick rocks together or mount frags. It slowly hardens and shrinks a little when it does. Once hard it is hard! A couple points:

1. unlike epoxy, you don't have a limited time to use it. If it gets too hard just heat the water again. if you change your mind, pry the glob off and reheat it.

2. it doesn't make your skimmer go nuts like epoxy does and it doesn't get soft and crumbly like epoxy either.

3. It is not sticky, I have not found anything that is. So when joining rocks, really push it into the cracks and crevices to make sure it locks in place. It really does well when filling gaps or adding little rocks to fill gaps.

4. when mounting big colonies, super glue can help. roll a ball of AF, put some super glue on it, then rub it on the rock to get the glue to take. Then super glue the end of your frag and push it into the AF. Hold for a couple minutes and wallah' your done.

5. being plastic it seems to grow over with coraline faster than the rock does.

all in all it is a pretty great product. I wouldn't use epoxy anymore after using this stuff. It is way less messy and doesn't gumm up the water. I mean, do you really want epoxy particulates being pumped through your fishes gills?

I got mine through BRS. I got the bigger container, I think it was $30 or $35. I was able to redo my entire aquascape in my 300 and have a bunch left over.

cheers

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

efbf45ed70816d39b47b5a8b999fca31.jpg44a12371094c62f50bba0d0d9ffd01b3.jpg
  • Like 1

Awesome it worked so well for you. I have seen this stuff before but didn’t realize FM was doing their own version of it. A bit more “budget friendly” type is Polydoh:

Polydoh moldable plastic 16oz tub (natural) [polymorph, plastimake] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LZUZ2DR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_qeeIBbYJN7NFZ

i used epoxy last time and can relate to the issues you described, have this saved in my amazon cart if I ever decide to do some rescaping or upgrade 😁

Awesome it worked so well for you. I have seen this stuff before but didn’t realize FM was doing their own version of it. A bit more “budget friendly” type is Polydoh:

Polydoh moldable plastic 16oz tub (natural) [polymorph, plastimake] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LZUZ2DR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_qeeIBbYJN7NFZ

i used epoxy last time and can relate to the issues you described, have this saved in my amazon cart if I ever decide to do some rescaping or upgrade [emoji16]
great find!! yeah that is much cheaper and I am quite certain, the same exact thing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk