Alright, so we can we expect LFS to start carrying these acans...

reefgeek84

I want to know when we will see these local? LOL...these are super nice...I betting that the price tag keeps them away from here, seeing that all of them are over 200 for a colony...These have now gotten me into acans!!!!!!

http://www.fragfarmer.com/Australian-Acans-p-1-c-54.html

http://www.thecaptivereef.com/page/15u9a/Aussie_Lord_Colonies.html

http://www.aquariumpros.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=30135

I know!! There are some super sweet acans coming in now. I was hoping the demand would go down and switch to SPS or something for awhile and we would see some of the prices come down like we have on the zoas. But these aussie acans flooding the market kept the prices high. I've got to get some too.

Wow, those look amazing.

What kind of care/conditions/lighting/feeding do they need? Are they similar to the more common "Candy Cane" we see quite a bit around here?

They are an LPS coral, so same type of demand... Some are claiming that the "aussie" ones are in shallow water so they need higher light, but I take that with a grain of salt...I really think that they will do fine under most lighting and if there is any concern, just spot feed them and you are goo to go...

They are different then candy cane, though, but from the same type of coral

Maybe if we got some people to go in on a couple of colonies and then fragged them up it might be worth it to go that route...Not trying to undercut LFS but due to the cost, I am not sure they will be around here any time soon...I guess if we can get 5 people to get 4 colonies at a 1000 bucks, we could probably get 5-6 polyps each from the different colonies and it would be 250 each...or something like this...maybe i am just dreaming here...

Your fiending for some acans aren't ya Brandon (laugh) You hear back from Jody?

yes I am...especially when they look like those ones...I did hear back, waiting on some pics...the ones on his site do not have the selection that the other places do...he has some nice red colored ones, but I have a few of those, already wanting some other colors...

I would be up for it but i would need to see the pics of the colony up front and know how big "number of polyps" the frags would be.

Well if we can get some more people for sure who are going to do this... we can decide on what we want and then I can contact them and get you the information you are wanting...

Dr. Mac seems to have some good prices on Australian stuff. Maybe you should check his stuff out.

http://www.pacificeastaquaculture.com/ShowProductCategory.aspx?CategoryId=2

The page takes a while to load but scroll all the way down and the acans are down there.

Dennis

Yeah, alot of red...if you look at frag farmer especially or the captive reef, they have way crazier things then dr. mac, reefermadness, etc. Most of the ones on dr. mac, I could get local...it is the crazy color morphs that I have yet to see local...

well most of mine are red and i think the majority are but theyve got some sweet morphs on those other sites i keep hoping for some of those but havnt got them yet but this is the best i have.

IMG_1712.jpg

IMG_1711.jpg

IMG_1710.jpg

IMG_1709.jpg

IMG_1708.jpg

IMG_1707.jpg

and this is a micro that im growing out i will be selling frags

IMG_1704.jpg

and these were all taken under t5 10k lighting except micro that was under 20k 175 halides

Those are very nice...but yeah, I will be getting alot of red since I am getting an order from reefdoctor at a very killer deal...the greener ones I may be interested in...

I hope someone around here gets the crazy morphs that are popping up on the internet...but like I said, it is a hefty price for a LFS to pay and hope to sell it at such a high price...but who knows maybe something will happen :)