Back in the game

mister crabs

Well after about a 6-7 month hiatus I decided i couldnt walk past the nano tanks in the LFS anymore. I went ahead and bought the 29 gallon Oceanic Biocube. Nice tank and will do just fine for my needs of softies and a few fish.

Upgrades planned for this little guy are a tunze nano skimmer, ditching the bioballs and creating a refugium in the middle chamber, and a second return pump with locline and replacing the stock pump with a maxijet 900 or 1200 to reduce heat.

Stocking plans for now are colorful zoas and mushrooms, maybe some leathers and some GSP. Fish plans are some sort of sand sifting goby or jawfish, a very small coral beauty angel (for the wife, and providing it doesnt get a taste for corals), a couple of shrimp, and the usual clean up crew. also about 40 lbs of LR and a 3-4 inch sandbed.

I will post pics as I start to mod and fill this tank. My camera has no memory until I get off my lazy butt and transfer all the pics from our last couple of concerts we attended onto the computer.

Thanks for looking and i will try to update as i go along.:D

not much going to happen for a couple of weeks until I get paid again then i will be hitting up the drs foster and smith for a nano box of LR and some substrate......unless i can find some locally that is already cured. Researching mods on reefcentral right now for better flow, refugium, fuge lighting, etc.....

But i can take pics ofthe empty tank if you guys wanna see that...lol

Don't forget to check out www.nano-reef.com . If you are looking for mods on a nano, that is the place to go look.

The crowd at NR is a little less cultured than on RC, but they feel more like family to me. NR is the second site I check on a nearly daily basis (after this one). The best part of NR (compared to RC) is that you don't have to pay to use the search feature.

dsoz

• 2 weeks later...

well....tank is up and running.....did a split locline return off the stock pump and added a koralia 1 in the main display.....20 lbs of reef sand and IO salt mix in tank as we speak.....pics tomorrow night late after i get the LR in the tank. gotta pick it up from a local breaking down a 3 yr old system. Im not sure if the koralia is too big in the display or not but after i post pics you all can tell me...lol. eventually within a few weeks i am getting the tunze nano skimmer and switching out the return with the eheim 1252 i think it is. also gonna do a refugium in the back chamber with submersible L.E.D. lights.......hope it all goes well.....keeping my fingers crossed!

ditched the bioballs and added a refugium in the back with about 2.5 lbs of rubble and some chaeto. added split locline return.

thats about all mods for now. Gonna add a fuge light in back today and then switch out to an eheim 1252 pump in near future as well as a tunze nano skimmer. eventually an ATO but for now I am not evaporating much.

• 2 weeks later...