Questions about ro filters

valcon69

Wanting to replace a very, very old ro filter and looking for recomendations on the most efficient, waste vs filtered vs cost. Would like to use it for drinking water also. I have a di canister.

Would consider buying usedbif someone has a good one for sale.

Thnx :)

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

If you mean the membrane, get the Spectrapure 99% removal membrane, one of the best for rejection rates. They also make great DI cartridges. 

Looking for a complete system preferably, but i will look into that also.. Thnx :)

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

I have a used .. i belive it is a spectra pure unit at work. It will need a new membrane as we have pushed thousands of gallons through it. The best rejections rates as far as I can remember are 2 to 1. What you need for good rejection rates is higher pressure. Something in the 60-70 psi range. We used a small booster pump for this.

I'm curious why you would want to drink RO water? It doesn't taste all that good and lacks a lot of minerals that we need.

Anywho, I'll ask my partner if he wants to sell the RO and booster pump. We expanded our rain water collection system so really don't need to use the well eater anymore (and the Troutdale aquifer kind of scares me) :(

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk