Jaw breaker mushroom

jonas503

c843d7637bc15c9f39715a889170e6ac.jpg

My pic for attention. Shout out to cuddlefish and coral for it by the way.

My question is I see some jawbreaker shrooms with way more red than others. Do they change? Do they get more red with time? What you see now is what you get?

Sorry if this is a stupid question lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

They will all be a little different to some extent. Some will have more red flecks, some will have just a few. Some will get the green specks as they mature. I have a good sized momma and it just started getting the green. Nice shroom by the way. Can't really go wrong high quality mushrooms.

• Like 1

They will all be a little different to some extent. Some will have more red flecks, some will have just a few. Some will get the green specks as they mature. I have a good sized momma and it just started getting the green. Nice shroom by the way. Can't really go wrong high quality mushrooms.

Thank you sir. Would love to see pics of yours.

It depends on genetics is my opinion. Here are three babies that came off the same mom. Mom has really nice coloration with lots of red. One baby has red and the other two don't really. I personally think it's luck of the draw/genes for coloration. Bret is right that green and purple spots can develop with maturity but that can take 5 years or more haha. 3d981c207c8529dbb3d75cda1dff1b0e.jpg

8d2a7562fa9c317b4e57f5105fe05ce5.jpg

• Like 1

It depends on genetics is my opinion. Here are three babies that came off the same mom. Mom has really nice coloration with lots of red. One baby has red and the other two don't really. I personally think it's luck of the draw/genes for coloration. Bret is right that green and purple spots can develop with maturity but that can take 5 years or more haha. 3d981c207c8529dbb3d75cda1dff1b0e.jpg
8d2a7562fa9c317b4e57f5105fe05ce5.jpg

Very nice.

• Like 1